Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be adding dyno charts, vids, pics, and things I do to the SC in this thread.

SC Mods:
So far I took out the charcoal filter and will be testing how it sounds without the "trumpet" insert in the airbox. Will be ordering an '01 Avalon K&N drop-in filter tomorrow to replace the paper filter kind people from TRD included in my kit...

Impressions:
I was giggling like a little girl when I got a chance to open this thing up on the highway. It's dark outside, so I did not try to do anything stupid on the streets, but people at the lights probably were wondering what is that thing half a mile away 20 seconds after the light turned green.

To Do:
Dyno sheets and dyno vids will come tomorrow, in-car vids might come tomorrow as well.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Hot.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
that engine bay looks clean enough to eat off of... may i?

congrats man, cant wait for the dyno's and vid's

april 15th needs to pass already so i can get my s/c with the tax return & hope credit!!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
yeah he said vids in the original post are coming...oh man that looks sweet! I cant wait to get my hands on one of those

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
very cool. i am going to try to drop mine off in the service dept tomorrow when i come to work so they can get to it. just got my ECU reflash tool today.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The guy that worked on my car here in Atlanta owns a cobra and has done couple of dozens of TRD SC installs. He started early morning and was finishing up around 5pm. I guess first-time install on the tC is not that straightforward.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Ryan'sTc@Oct 26 2005, 12:07 AM
Hey Z, can you get us some times too. I really wana get a ballpark idea on 0-60 and qm times.
If I find a safe place to do couple of runs with my G-Tech, I'll get you some ballpark times. I still consider myself a 5-speed newb, so don't expect anything wild.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz+Oct 25 2005, 09:10 PM-->QUOTE (zoltiz @ Oct 25 2005, 09:10 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Ryan'sTc
@Oct 26 2005, 12:07 AM
Hey Z, can you get us some times too. I really wana get a ballpark idea on 0-60 and qm times.
If I find a safe place to do couple of runs with my G-Tech, I'll get you some ballpark times. I still consider myself a 5-speed newb, so don't expect anything wild. [/b]
This friday some friends and I are going to MMP (Montgomery Motorsports Park). You should come.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nice...I ordered my SC from Ken and should be here today...planning on a Friday install from my Scion guys who plan on using my SC install as a training session. He told me a flat install fee of $300.00...I love my service rep!!!

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.