Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys i saw the ZPI turbo on tctunerz. They are using the Mitsu 16G turbo for their turbo kit. I have seen 16G turbo on eclipse 2k2 gs and it runs pretty good and i know the 4 cylinder 2.4 3rd gen eclipse is almost indentical to our tC and i think that turbo might be good for our cars, but dont know. Tell me what you think about. Is it going to be worth it? Can you use it on a daily driving car? Just post some thoguhts.

·
Registered
272 Posts
the 16G is a pretty versatile turbo for a daily driven 4cyl kit. it should spool up pretty quick and still be able to produce significant boost. i read about the kit on tctunerz. the stage one seems decent but in my opinion a little pricy for still haveing a cast log manifold and an internal wastegate.
it seems their using the emanage similar to scionspeed so that route seems to work pretty good.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I'd still like to know how they are managing the fuel pressure issue.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It really seems pricy, but i really want to get a turbo. Why scion couldnt make the tC AWD and turbocharged.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It would be out of the price range they specified for the car.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by ScionGTR@Mar 22 2005, 11:49 AM
It really seems pricy, but i really want to get a turbo. Why scion couldnt make the tC AWD and turbocharged.
You complain about the price of an aftermarket turbo, then ask why scion didn't make the tC turbocharged and AWD...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Excellent! Another junkyard source of a used engine for development.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Because AWD is impractical for a daily driver? Because Toyota never sells cars in this price range with a turbo? Because Toyota almost never sells any cars that are turbocharged?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Scion could make a AWD and turbocharged car to compete in the EVO and STI class for less money. It desnt have to be that powerful. I'd be happy with 240-260 hp. The EVO is $30K and the STI is around that. Only if Scion could make that and sell their car for around $20-23. I will defently trade in my tC for a turbocharged one.
But again i hate when i start to dream about turbos ;>>>

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
It couldn't be done for that price. That's not how Toyco works.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah they dont make cheap car. Still i want them to make some turbocharged cars like they did in the 90s (Supras and MR2s). I'd by one for myself. And now with the new Supra coming out with a v8 engine i'm very disapointed.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I doubt they'll call it a Supra. Their heritage is inline 6's anyway. They just decided to make the last one a real challenge to top. Save your pennies, this next car will be in the $110k+ range.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll get it one day, when i win the freaking lottery
If that happenes the first car to buy would be your supra if its for sale

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Why will some of you not let this idea of AWD and the tC die? It's not going to happen. It would cause the price of the tC to balloon and would cause its gas mileage to drop, both of which are inconsistent with the whole philosophy behind the Scion brand.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Mar 28 2005, 11:10 AM
Why will some of you not let this idea of AWD and the tC die? It's not going to happen. It would cause the price of the tC to balloon and would cause its gas mileage to drop, both of which are inconsistent with the whole philosophy behind the Scion brand.
I thought people were joking about this earlier....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.