Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Looks good, but the video was put on by ZPI. I think that they might of had the STI sand bag a little. If not, I want that turbo.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I want to see them off the line. The video doesn't really tell us much.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Is it really hard to believe from a roll a turboed 2.4 could keep up with a turboed 2.5? It's not like the wrx is invincible. Also has anybody looked at the quality indexes on these wrx's? Motor Week came back with some long term tests a few issues ago and it doesn't look good for Subaru. A lot of people are complaining about noisy clutch problems oil leaks and air conditioning that can't keep pace in the summer. I test drove the sti when I was looking for a car and if I had the money I would buy one for a weekend track car but not for daily driving. Thw wrx is a great car but it is not the last word in performance.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I test drove one a couple of weeks ago. It was an 05, but I did not like it as much as the EVO's. But, the EVO I drove in had a Greddy exhaust and a blow off valve. I want to see them from a dead stop.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it really hard to believe from a roll a turboed 2.4 could keep up with a turboed 2.5? It's not like the wrx is invincible. Also has anybody looked at the quality indexes on these wrx's? Motor Week came back with some long term tests a few issues ago and it doesn't look good for Subaru. A lot of people are complaining about noisy clutch problems oil leaks and air conditioning that can't keep pace in the summer. I test drove the sti when I was looking for a car and if I had the money I would buy one for a weekend track car but not for daily driving. Thw wrx is a great car but it is not the last word in performance.[/b]
Quit Hating.

Phungy: Who is the chick in your avatar? jw

everyone else I jsut thought it was a cool vid. I did not mean for it to tell us anything. Like oh wow now tC's can beat anything!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That's phungy's apparent "girlfriend"

·
Registered
539 Posts
its a nice vid...I think a stage 3 wrx would murder an sti but if the sti also had cobb 2 and some other goodies then again it would be dead even....Nice race overall...

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by courier11sec@Dec 28 2005, 09:55 AM
The Subaru sounds like a tractor.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
So you think that the video is a bit far-fetched? I mean, RyansTC is right. The Sube isnt the end-all in performance. It IS a really nice car, but I s'pose if they were evenly matched... - driver's race. I just keep wondering if there's a way to safely jack that supercharger up beyond the 197hp posted dyno. Maybe something in the range of 225-240? I dont know - any thoughts? If that being the case, you bet you a$$ I'm going to be lookin' into the supercharger.

·
Registered
895 Posts
You can put a smaller pulley on it. I think it adds 10 more horsepower.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe you should read my whole post before opening your mouth Alas. I never said I hate the wrx.[/b]
I did not mean it literally. I read the whole thing Sounded like a bunch of mumbo to me. And I did not open my mouth at all while reading your post.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.