Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this over at Scionlife, made me want it sooo much more!

VIDEO!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it was posted by you guys? no?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
If you hit it with methanol injection or even water injection, you can save the hassle and weight of the intercooler. It's especially effective for short runs.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
yeah well I figured I took out my sub box and have a much smaller lighter one in there so that compensated for the weight difference.

Anyhow, I have tried that water injection before and it never panned out too well, it worked but I never felt like it worked as well, guess its more my feeling than how it actually works, more or less

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
One of the nicest things about water injection is it keeps your pistons and valves much cleaner. No slow compression rise from carbon build up. It can be an engine saver all by itself.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I hope that's not a promotional video made by the company. The street racing and foul mouthed comentary by the two guys in the last bit would make me think twice about dealing with them. Completely unprofessional.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Not very impressed.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I'm always skeptical when the laptop is out to ensure a good run. What happens tomorrow morning when a cold front moves in and the temperature drops 30 degrees and the car won't even start? Yes, I've heard a LOT of Supra owners complain about problems exactly like this with aftermarket ECMs including AEM, even when tuned by the "gurus." There is a lot to be said for the ability of the OEMs to make an ECM that takes a LOT of abuse and delivers no matter what the conditions outside. It's one thing to make it run great today for the dyno run. It's a completely different animal to get it to run well for months or years on end in all kinds of weather with all kinds of fuel.

·
Registered
272 Posts
cant say I'm incredibly impressed with ZPI either. they arent using a return fuel line, there is rumor that theyre stage 0 doesnt use the emanage, no intercooler on stage 0 and stock injectors in stage 0. the stage 1 is the only one i would consider but for 4+grand it still has a log manifold!

·
Registered
346 Posts
am i seeing this right? a 9.25 second 1/4 mile??? or is that 1/8 mile?

·
Registered
346 Posts
must be a 1/8 mile then.

·
Registered
339 Posts
i see this video the same day i go to a performance shop and ask about installing a turbo in my ride ?!

I LOVE TURBOS

i also picked up 4 quarts of redline mtl and will be changine my oil and installing redline this saturday.

then off to the scion expo in gaithersberg
come all md va and penn drivers!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
NHRA uses a 1.55 conversion factor to APROXIMATE 1/8 to 1/4 mile times. That 9.25 run translates to 14.3375 so if that was a stock SRT I'm not surprised that turbo TC took it. I know, I've heard the stories of stock SRTs runing high 13s, but I personally haven't seen any stock ones run better than mid 14s.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.