Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my good friend has a tc as well as i do, and no matter how much i try to convince him, hes buying the zpi stage 0 turbo kit, and is going to use his stock exhaust. with my thurough knowledge about turbos and FI in general i advised him not to. but he said he asked around and others said its ok and will bolt right up. am i wrong on this or not?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
it'll bolt on... and mess things up. Without emanage and other upgrades, he's gonna blow something.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trust me dude i know, but zpi says it already comes tuned:
230whp (doubling stock power output)
6 psi
EVO III GT Big 16g
Tial Wastegate (silver)
Stainless charge piping
4 ply couplers
Stainless Manifold
Pre tapped Oil pan
All fuel and timing tuning already complete
Comes with new oil pan making it a true bolt on kit
Polished piping
MSRP: 2820.00
The Stage 0 kit is the perfect kit for the guy/gal looking for more power without affecting the reliability of their new Scion tC. This is the most popular kit we offer; with very impressive pricing and all the guess work removed this can be installed by yourself over a weekend in your garage. With the kit being engineered to be installed by the end user it allows you to save money on install rates and apply that to more parts to make your Scion more enjoyable.

This kit will work the automatic transmission. We will have upgraded transmission parts available soon.

***This kit can cause a CEL that is not correctable with our 02 sim***

We also recommend the use of boost, egt, and wideband o2 gauges for monitoring purposes.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I'll take it if it's free; and my cat just told me to go to bed; in english.

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
Originally posted by ALaS@Jan 24 2006, 01:47 AM
my cat just told me to go to bed; in english.
Sweet can you teach my cat that.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
1) I would never accept some manufacturers tune for a turbo kit.... different environment down here so I'd go and get it tuned ASAP.
2) To my knowledge, the ZPI stage 0 has the e-Manage as an option.
3) It will bolt up to the stock exhaust, and no just because it isn't as wide as aftermarket exhausts it will have no detrimental effect to reliability (on performance though, yes).

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Sweet can you teach my cat that.[/b]
I will just as soon as i get my free stage 0 turbo kit from ZPI.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Originally posted by bluesciontc@Jan 24 2006, 01:25 AM
If there wasnt an Emanage then how is the fuel and other tunning already done on the car think about it for a second.
Again, I said that it's an option unless ZPI changed something. The base price has stayed the same.

If it came without Emanage before hand, and now, with price not having been changed, why would it come now with Emanage (keep in mind the price hasn't changed)? Thinkg about it for a second.

Ask someone from ZPI. See if they're including the Emanage now standard. You should find that the Emanage comes with a pretuned map but isn't standard; you'll have to pay extra for it. Again, think about it for a second.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.