Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think the issue on the towels made in the USA vs. India, Pakistan etc. is the fact that most of the towels that come out of those countries are not 100% cotton...even though labeled as such. Many contain small amounts of other materials...including wood fiber...metal shavings...small amounts of synthetic fibers...most anything.I am afraid that this applies to labeling of clothing from most of those countries as well. What is says is not what you get...very often. There is really no one watching what the claims are and what goes into many products made in what are basically 3rd world countries. Sometimes...BIG BROTHER is a good thing. I once had a friend show me a highly magnified view of fibers used in a "100%" cotton shirt out of India. Based on her lab experience it showed polyester fiber content of 20%. As you know...many of those things are not good for paint care. Of course, Microfiber is a variation of polyester with polyamid with much smaller fibers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.