Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just used it for the first time today, and I'm not sure that I put enough on. After applying it, there was a slight haze, nothing like the wax I'm used to. It almost seemed to go on too easily.

Anyone else (tCrazy?) have some words of wisdom?

Either way, it looked nice when I buffed (more like wiped) it off. I look forward to seeing it after a few more applications.

EDIT: I screwed up. This should read "Zaino Z-2."

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Thats the beauty of using Zaino as it is not the typical Carnuba wax that is normally used. Goes on easy, and seems to buff even easier yet. You'll get good results, although i've read that while it shines very nice, it doesn't protect the paint in the same way a conventional wax does.

·
Registered
936 Posts
You dont have to use that much of it, i use about a capful for my entire car......extremely thin coats is all you need as long as you cover all panels. People forget that more wax is NOT better for the car, wax can only bond to the paint if it is touching it. Keeping that in mind, if you can a buildup of wax as you apply it to the car, only the .001mm thick portion of wax TOUCHING the paint is working, the wax that is piggy-backing off of the wax touching the paint is just a waste.

Wolo wait until you get 4+ layers on your car, you wont believe it!

Zaino actually protects the paint more than carnuba because it is UV protectant and over 300% more durable in most cases. -T

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by FrostbytetC@Aug 22 2004, 06:04 PM
I didn't know that T... thanks for correcting me. =o)
no problem, we all have our automotive-strong points...............mine happens to be detailing. -T

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to getting a few more layers on this sucker.

Its kinda funny...I used to hate washing and detailing my car. Now I look forward to it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i edited the title to say "z-2" , just for kicks....since i havnt been able to use my Mod features that much yet haha. - T

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks T. I was going to ask a mod to do that for me since I couldn't edit the title.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Originally posted by TCrazy@Aug 22 2004, 05:57 PM
People forget that more wax is NOT better for the car, wax can only bond to the paint if it is touching it. Keeping that in mind, if you can a buildup of wax as you apply it to the car, only the .001mm thick portion of wax TOUCHING the paint is working, the wax that is piggy-backing off of the wax touching the paint is just a waste.

Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't those two statements contradictory?

Why 4+ coats if it is a waste?

Not trying to nit-pick.. I'm just confused

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by TxOllie+Aug 23 2004, 06:34 AM-->QUOTE (TxOllie @ Aug 23 2004, 06:34 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-TCrazy
@Aug 22 2004, 05:57 PM
People forget that more wax is NOT better for the car, wax can only bond to the paint if it is touching it. Keeping that in mind, if you can a buildup of wax as you apply it to the car, only the .001mm thick portion of wax TOUCHING the paint is working, the wax that is piggy-backing off of the wax touching the paint is just a waste.

Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't those two statements contradictory?

Why 4+ coats if it is a waste?

Not trying to nit-pick.. I'm just confused
[/b]
sorry, im so used to speaking in terms of Zaino that I forget to explain. Zaino chemically bonds to itself and has an optical clarity of 99.999% when used in layers. The more layers you bond to the existing layer, the more depth and light refraction you get.

Regular Carnuba wax like Meguires etc, can only get about 2 coats before you start to get buildup.....because the wax is not clear (its yellow) and therefore can not be optically perfect. Does that make any more sense? i know its kind of confusing! - T

·
Registered
936 Posts
You would need Z-1 and Z-2......and possibly the Z-8 wash if you want to keep the car looking great between waxing's.

I think the total for Z-1 and Z-2 is around $16.00?? Check out www.zainobros.com for pricing and product info though. Those bottles will last you well over a year, if you wax twice a month like I do! - T

·
Registered
936 Posts
The ZFX only comes in handy if you dont have 2 hours to wait for the polish to dry before you remove it. I belive the ZFX makes it ready for removal in about 20 mins??? I wouldnt waste my money on it, but only because I wax my car on my day off......so Im not in a rush. - T

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hmm... i read from their website that...

All orders over $25 (in product) will automatically receive a free Zaino Custom Polish Applicator! To qualify for the free Zaino Custom Polish Applicator, your subtotal before shipping must be greater than $25. This free Zaino Custom Polish Applicator will not appear in your basket, but we'll include it in your order when we ship it.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Today I saw my car from a different angle (and in direct sunlight) than I've seen before. I was able to see what looked like several fine scratch marks in the direction that I applied the Z-2. Its only visible from certain angles, but it freaked me out. Did I do something wrong or will additional Z-2 layers improve this condition?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts