Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in case you havent heard, lo bux racer, wolo, and myself are heading out cross country for the sole purpose of buying a drink (or six) for basilisk4. we have mapped our routes, one to get there (northern) and one to get back (southern). so far we have a few others who are crazy enough to join us, and we are hoping for a few more. basilisk4, labfish, plissken, and obike are in and planning on meeting up in route or at the destination, or both. we are hoping that even if you dont want to drive to georgia with us, you will want to meet up on the highway and play tag for a minute or two, until you need to fall off. think of it as the scenes in forest gump, when he had people following him on his cross country run. they would join, run a while, then fall off. please, feel free to do the same. for our discussion, and the routes we are taking, please follow the link below. chime in, let us know who and where you are, and once we get a solid idea of our times in different places, we can say when we are going to be where so you can jump on the freeway and high-five us along our 5000 mile / 5 day drive. the greatest success would be if we could get people on camera joining us, and put faces to names, and perhaps submit the pics and/or video to scion for a little coverage. something tells me they would be interested in a bunch of scion owners who drove cross country just to meet other owners. so, here it is...

ready?

go!

this link

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
As stated, I'm definately in. I'll be bringing some fellow tC owners from Auburn for sure. We will for sure be partying, and someone will need to bring a video camera to get some footage of all of us together! I'll do my best to get footage of my leg of the trip (albeit only 1.5hrs).

And be sure to check your alcohol tolerance at the door of the Atlanta clubs, for I am guarunteed to be getting highly drunk.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by Wolo@Jul 25 2005, 02:22 PM
We can't get too ugly.

There's the return trip to think about.
I'm quite sure the first night will have some allowances for slightly excessive amounts. I'm going to go up to Nashville that weekend (to visit some family) and also so I can join you on the final leg of your journey.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I won't be getting hungover period. Dehydration and an acetaldehyde laced liver are not my friends on a 35 hour drive back to Cali. I'll drink my fair share, but excess is not a good option.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I'm still winging the planning stage. 3 of ya in one car, right? Most likely I'll meet up with you in KC and we can 2 & 2 it out there. Gotta know when you might be around so I can turn in a few days of vacation/trade days....since it's a holiday weekend I might be denied. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I'm considering driving up there. I can't make any promises at this point, however.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Originally posted by Labfish@Jul 25 2005, 04:27 PM
I'm still winging the planning stage.  3 of ya in one car, right?  Most likely I'll meet up with you in KC and we can 2 & 2 it out there.  Gotta know when you might be around so I can turn in a few days of vacation/trade days....since it's a holiday weekend I might be denied.  We'll see.
If all goes well, about 24 hours after we leave Sacramento. That means 26 clock hours because we have two time zone changes. The wife and I made it to Cedar Rapids from Sacramento in 25:45, it's 1852 miles, and we only went 28 miles in the first hour because of Fourth of July traffic. I doubt Saturday evening traffic on Labor Day weekend will be as bad as Friday before the Fourth. KC is 1783 miles, so it isn't unreasonable to expect we'll be passing through between and 7:30 and 8:30 pm on Sunday. We've only got another 805 and one time zone to Norcross, so arrival by 9 am shouldn't be too difficult (barring incident of course). That's just a tad over two tanks of gas. Maybe picking up a few more people will slow us a tad but 10 am is almost for certain.

Hey, you know if we are going to shoot a video, and talk to Scion, I ought to discuss some deals on bits and pieces for this...Fidanza, you guys listening??? Talk about a test! How many States in how many days and their stickers on the car? Hmmm. I think I need to market this as a national meet!!!

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^^ i agree. free or extremely well priced parts sound good to me.

lightened flywheel? thanks, i'd love to.

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
I'm willing as well, sent you an e-mail concerning details

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I would also be interested in adding a logo in my car as well. Unfortunately I won't be able to make the labor day meeting date as I'm gonna be in Russia. (1st time since I left 11 years ago). But I would love to participate and spread the word in the NY area.

Damn, I'd love to come hang out and meet you guys, if any of you are ever in NY, gimme a shout.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I've been thinking about the flywheel for a while, so being able to test-drive Lance's cruiser with the flywheel installed can help me part with the money

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I tried to go to Fidanza's site, but there was no available info on the flywheel for the tC that I could find. What is the pricing and where is it being sold?

1 - 20 of 150 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.