Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so here is my problem. I have the Yokomo something or antoher tires.

Whene ver it rains if I am at a stop light or make a turn and hit the gas I will sit there and spin rubber and the tires will never catch traction. I let off the gas then apply gas again and the engine will rev up and then catch.

Now my last car had Pierllies on it so I am used to having good tires, but after just spending 18,000 dollars on a car I figured it would come with a decent set of tires. So am I just SOL and have to go buy some better tires or is this something the dealership or scion can fix?

Michael

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Stock tires are cheap, sorry. Some dealerships will put better tires on if you pay the difference but I imagine you would have to do it before you take delivery.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an automatic. I can't burn out on command :'( Just when it rains do I spin tires.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by LaVaism@Jul 4 2005, 07:07 PM
I have an automatic. I can't burn out on command :'( Just when it rains do I spin tires.
lavaism.. you're not driving wrongly.. and you're not losing your mind either. The bridgestones are known to be slippery when it rains.. tirerack.com has a whole review area where you can look up the re92's.. they aren't that great. Since I've gotten my pirelli pzero's on the car, no more slipping at all..

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by sciontc_mich+Jul 4 2005, 11:26 PM-->QUOTE (sciontc_mich @ Jul 4 2005, 11:26 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-LaVaism
@Jul 4 2005, 07:07 PM
I have an automatic.  I can't burn out on command :'( Just when it rains do I spin tires.
lavaism.. you're not driving wrongly.. and you're not losing your mind either. The bridgestones are known to be slippery when it rains.. tirerack.com has a whole review area where you can look up the re92's.. they aren't that great. Since I've gotten my pirelli pzero's on the car, no more slipping at all.. [/b]
He has the Yokohamas that come on the car sometimes instead of the Bridgestones. Does not sound like they are any better though.

·
Registered
658 Posts
No they are not. It's their desing that makes them so bad. If they lose the tire lip that i suppose to protect the rim from scratching it might help.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I don't think so. They need a better rubber compound. IMHO, they are crap and should not be put on any road going vehicle. They slide all over in the wet, and they give up way before the rest of the car in the dry. They just plain suck ass. Everybody who has replaced them is MUCH happier with the car.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i had an experience on the ramp with the bridgestones. WHOA!! never want to experience that again. good thing i dont panic in situations like that. There was an 18 wheeler in front of me going on the ramp and its a good thing i passed him because i my baby would have ended up under it or flying off the ramp. I corrected it and all, almost did a 360 (it was kinda cool at the same time
), almost hit the wall I definetly need some different tires after that incident.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.