Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some font speakers for my 06' scion tc (6'5)... After searching the board for about an hour.. I have removed my door panel, and drilled out the rivets..ect! Now my new speakers are no were near as wide as the stock ones b/c of the 'mount' that is around them. After examining it i see no feasible way of getting the mount off of the stock speaker, really not even sure if i need to. So i suppose my question is how do i go about sturdily attaching the speaker to the door. I can get some pics if its helpful to anyone.

Thanks,
Nathan

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Look at the sticky in this forum... i think you need a spacer kit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I bought the spacers but have not picked my speakers yet. The spacers have a nice wide "ring" that also has mounting bracket "bumps" that will fit the stock hole locations.
Cheap and easy --at least if you look at the time it would take to make them yourself and possible trial and error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, im just trying to clear somethings up before i go spend money. With the spacers, you just drill right into them to attach the new after market speakers, no problem?.. and its sturdy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.