Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Yellow caliper paint is actually kinda ugly... I'd go w/ dark grey or black personally. Red could work though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Are you using any kind of special paint?

Also, is there a particular process you use for painting them? The stock color is kind of weird.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
the stock color is dumb. green and gray -ish something. i used high temp BBQ paint and they went to a semi-gloss black. just masked off, taped over clips and rubber, two coats. no chipping, cracking, fading, pealing, etc... and the calipers fade away nicely behind the wheel. i dont see the point in painting stock calipers in colors that accent them. i mean, if you are running an AEM or wilwood BBK, sure. but "hey! look! i have stock calipers!!!!! " doesnt make sense to me.

·
Ironhead
12,859 Posts
blends with the wheels. looks like it matches, not stands out. i like it.

i dont know if i would like it on darker rims, though.

·
Registered
6,498 Posts
I did mine in the same color as zoltiz did his -- with the exact same can of paint, actually -- and I think they look great.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Originally posted by inevitablegod@Mar 16 2005, 07:58 PM
blends with the wheels. looks like it matches, not stands out. i like it.

i dont know if i would like it on darker rims, though.
I agree with you there. I think the reason this color works is because of the color of the stock rims.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.