· Registered
567 Posts
Yay, very much.

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by krdshrk@Feb 20 2006, 09:10 PM
bsp + silver = hawt
Yeah you seem to get the general idea I meant to go for. For some odd reason it comes out looking like a flat or matte black but I mean for the top part to be either flint mica or black streak pearl.

Could someone please carbon fiber-ize the hood on this second shot for me?

-Ed

· Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by kurker@Feb 20 2006, 09:35 PM
Dang Ed! I really like it. The side profile is awesome. This really poor attempt at a late night chop is what I would like to see done with the front end.

I thought about that but then it makes more sense to follow the front wheel well curve down to the crease in the bumper and work from there, and I felt that following the line inward by the headlamp was a little more of a unique touch. In the end either would still be pretty good. My only reason for this color scheme is to see how well I can blend in a CF hood without having to paint it. I don't like how CF hoods look on a silver tC w/out any attempts to blend it in a little--it looks awkward by the base of the A-pillar that way.

-Ed

· Registered
1,388 Posts
Originally posted by EddNog@Feb 21 2006, 12:38 AM
My only reason for this color scheme is to see how well I can blend in a CF hood without having to paint it. I don't like how CF hoods look on a silver tC w/out any attempts to blend it in a little--it looks awkward by the base of the A-pillar that way.
I understand completely. When I am not so sleepy, I really should go to bed, I will chop my hood to show you how I want to blend it in. That sharp hook at the base of the A-pillar annoys the hell out of me. I just need/want other things more than paint on my cf hood.

· Registered
1,373 Posts
Definitely a Yay for me!

· Registered
1,103 Posts
well im not really feeling it either Edd. i think ur car is absolutely beautiful as it is. however if u REALLY wanna add sum black to it i'd say just a broken stripe down the side but not an overly thick one. seriously tho edd. i think u should think long and hard on this one cause IMHO and artistic eye, it just wont look as clean and minimalistically beautiful in two tone. i see what ur going for tho. a stripe would look nice tho with the blacked out side markers on the headlights.

· Registered
7,758 Posts
Ehh. It's not my cup of tea. But I suppose I could see where someone would like it. If I saw it on the road I would probably think it's interesting and neat, but I wouldn't want it for my car.

· Registered
1,506 Posts
Ed,

There's a car in one of those import mags that I saw (tC) - somethin' like 350 WHP... the color scheme was similar, but it broke the black up with the cars natural color in between. I wish I could remember which mag it was. Check out all those ones (the name "tC" is somehwere on the cover, if that helps) at your local mag stand. Looked hot, and if that's what you want, I think that a hybrid would look sick on your already impressive ride

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.