Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While being awesome and doing some car acrobatics and manuvers i ended up hitting a curd hard enough to not only bend my driver front rim but also. blow out two tires, break my sun roof's wind deflector (proceeded to run through chain link fence), and the left lower control arm. Although the tricks were pretty cool definitely not worth the 600 bucks i will probrably drop on the car...So feel free to share any interesting stories of yours.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No but i was trying to do a hand brake turn into a J-turn. I have the hand brake turn down but the J-turn is what i couldnt get. and i was alone in the car so thats why i couldnt get video. Im adding a video of what i was trying to do the J-turn is going on reverse and then flipping it around. It starts at 3:29

Front Wheel Drive tricks - YouTube

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
While being awesome and doing some car acrobatics and manuvers i ended up hitting a curd hard enough to not only bend my driver front rim but also. blow out two tires, break my sun roof's wind deflector (proceeded to run through chain link fence), and the left lower control arm.
That must have been one hard piece of cheese...

$600? Good luck.
Exactly what I was thinking. ;) Hell, if you have Scion wheels and want to keep them, they're $600 a piece with the tire last time I checked.

I hit a curb in my '73 Beetle when I was trying to make a turn before a semi got to the intersection. The road was wet, so I drifted through the turn, hit the curb, and went up on 2 wheels for a few seconds. :lol:

Another time, I was doing drifts in the snow in the 4Runner and went up on a curb. Doesn't really do any damage when it's a truck though. ;)

·
Where is Donnie?
2,858 Posts
so let me get this right, in your 23 posts since joining you have created threads about a) street racing and b) car "acrobatics" and managing to bust your car up?

$600 is a laughable amount unless you are committing insurance fraud, in which case, go to hell. If you hit the curb as hard as you say you did I would expect to probably need new wheel bearings ($150 a pop with install), probably some suspension pieces, 2 new wheels (see lucid's statement) AND the wind deflector is like $400 for parts and a VERY costly install/replace (had a rock shatter mine on the highway, think the total bill to insurance was around $700 for replacement parts and install).

All in all... way to go noob :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I have to explain my self better. I hit it hard enough to bend the rim enough to we're the tire can be mounted and hold air pressure but would not be safe. So I get it rounded out again for a grand total of about 135 having the two tires balanced mounted and everything was 160 (cheap tires). Now my control arm is bent. The arm and everything (labor and such) according to the shop after all was said and done is $525 I said ok and left. Went online and found a new one for $155. I've replaced these kinds of things before and can change it my self. So that brings the total to $450 dollars so far. The sunroof I'm hoping I can find at a salvage yard. Other wise Trdsparks.com has it listed for $300. So unless I can find it at a salvage yard like I'm predicting I can I will be spending more than $600. That number is based off wishful thinking and luck if I can stay in the $600-$700 dollar range.

I was thinking today that if I were in the jeep we own I would've been perfectly fine. But oh we'll shit happens I guess. Time to learn and move on.

·
Where is Donnie?
2,858 Posts
whelp, thanks for explaining. the install on the roof is no easy task from what I know about it.

next time maybe you'll find a more open area to do your FWD acrobatics! :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Totally ahah my parents said the same thing tbey keep asking why i didnt do it in an open area like a parking lot. Oh well live and learn i guess.

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
The deflector, if I remember correctly, should take you almost no time to install. I took all but the front pivot points loose in a couple of minutes one day. I didnt check, but I think those come out very easilly.

Sunroof moving glass takes about 3 minutes to remove.

The track assembly would be the only thing I would worry about being a pain and I dont see it being hard at all really.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Little miss muffet, sat on a tuffet, eating her curds and whey.

Along came danny and crashed up her fanny, and said hey whats in the Bowl biotch.
Wow thats actually creative :)

The deflector, if I remember correctly, should take you almost no time to install. I took all but the front pivot points loose in a couple of minutes one day. I didnt check, but I think those come out very easilly.

Sunroof moving glass takes about 3 minutes to remove.

The track assembly would be the only thing I would worry about being a pain and I dont see it being hard at all really.
Ya thats what im hoping. I just gotta save up some paychecks so i can hit the salvage yards. Worst case scenario i need to buy a new one.

·
Registered
189 Posts
All I have to say is wow, and good job on ruining your poor tc, what did it ever do to you?

on a second note, are you stupid? you could have hurt not just yourself but other people.

and this is why us tc people get a bad name

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
And by the way ... j turns are done without touching the brakes. I hope all of this was done without a soul around you.

In the future, if you want to truly get good at handling your car, start autocrossing. Safe, fairly cheap, you can run any car (well, except for those with rollover risk) and you will become about 1000 times better at knowing your and your cars ability within the first season. Its funny to watch people who think they are uber drivers because they street race, street "drift" etc come out and find out just how good they really are behind the wheel the first time. The cool ones are humble and keep coming back, the others blame the car, the sport, the classing, etc for their WAYYYY last place finish and never come back.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts

·
Destroyer of Cones
7,060 Posts
We have plenty of those up here in the winter!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
All I have to say is wow, and good job on ruining your poor tc, what did it ever do to you?

on a second note, are you stupid? you could have hurt not just yourself but other people.

and this is why us tc people get a bad name
I'm sorry for being 17 and bored. And no I'm not stupid; I went to a side of town with no one around not another living soul. Agreed, it was not very smart, however, you have no right to call me stupid because I'm sure you have had moments that weren't exactly golden for you. We all make mistakes but you don't have to go on calling me stupid.

And by the way ... j turns are done without touching the brakes. I hope all of this was done without a soul around you.

In the future, if you want to truly get good at handling your car, start autocrossing. Safe, fairly cheap, you can run any car (well, except for those with rollover risk) and you will become about 1000 times better at knowing your and your cars ability within the first season. Its funny to watch people who think they are uber drivers because they street race, street "drift" etc come out and find out just how good they really are behind the wheel the first time. The cool ones are humble and keep coming back, the others blame the car, the sport, the classing, etc for their WAYYYY last place finish and never come back.
And I am very interested in autocross I just do not know how exactly to go about it. I would be the humble one who continues to come back and learn how to drive better. even if i did come in last the rush of the moment would keep me coming back for more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts