Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumors are that Scion will release the new Supra under their name calling it an xS. Anyone got any other info on this speculation?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Eric@Jul 12 2004, 04:29 PM
That's the first I've heard of that... tons of rumors about the MKV Supra, but I've never heard about it being released as a Scion...
It would be quite a shocker but anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If toyota could sell a supra for 30K, why would it sell a cheaper version to fit in with scions "kid" budget, around 20K. No way toyota would put out a scion xS before it puts out a supra.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I don't think so. I saw pictures of a prototype supra. Supposed to be dropping the twin turbo 6 platform for a 5.2L V8. I doubt scion will be releasing anything of that nature... I didn't honestly like the pictures I saw of the supra either. who knows, anything can happen. I mean, the tC did replace the celica... which I find it kinda funny that its called the tC... T.oyota C.elica but that has nothing to do with it. They were gunna call the tC the xC, but volvo already had that name with there all wheel drive wagon thing. So they called it the tC. And according to the sales guy I dealt with, Scion has nothing further planned for release in the states until 2006....

·
Registered
614 Posts
i live in CA and i went to a toyota dealership yesterday to test drive a celica so i could compare it to my tc and i was told by the sales person that the new toyota supra was coming out for the 2006 model year. he said it very matter of factly like it is true but i have heard so many rumors that i don't know what to believe anymore.

·
Former '05er
12,466 Posts
I have contacts very close to the source of new model info. There is no Supra in the works now, or any time soon (the exact quote was "don't hold your breath"). Rumors of a Lexus with a V-10 are the closest thing to a Supra, but this car will be in the Ford GT-40 price range, not anywhere close to Scion pricing. My source saw a prototype track testing in Japan, is currently a MkIV Supra owner, and actually had an IS with a 6 speed directly from Toyota. He knows of what he speaks.

·
Registered
272 Posts
right now there are two "Supra" candidates...none can really be called a supra as far as im concerned but....

first is the Lexus LF-A ....the 500hp lex that will be in Ford GT range that lo bux is talking about

second is the Toyota Volta, just a concept at this point, its a hybrid, 3.3L V6 that isnt connected to the drive wheels, just charged the batteries that power four electric motors. one at each wheel. this powertrain has given it 408hp and 0-60 times of 4 seconds

oh yea...the volta still gets 38mpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts