Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my XM tuner today from Ken....

Where the hell does this thing go? I've spent the last hour searching here, scionlife, and google and have come up with nothing
I did a temporary ghetto install until I find out where it's actually supposed to go in the car, and it sounds great!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I put the receiver where it is supposed to go (under the seat), but after experimenting with several antenna locations I put mine under the dash. This way nothing gives away XM presence and nobody can mess up my antenna. Reception is just as good, btw.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

Does the wire from the head unit to the tuner run through the console, then to the seat, or does it run through the dash in the front (under the carpet near the dash?), by the door, then do the seat?

I can't find any instructions for this thing
Not a big deal if I just knew where things were supposed to go

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I ran it from the HU along the big fat metal beam above the glovebox, then down throught the kick-panel, inside the doorsil, and then there is a bump in the carpet where other wiring gets under the passenger seat.

XM install manual in PDF

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot, zoltiz

Thanks for the de-bunching of the shift boot pics too.... I decided to do that while I have the console apart.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Due to numerous requests I finally gave up and started working on organizing all my how-tos, pics, files, videos, etc. Should be a fun little resource when I'm done.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Apr 20 2005, 10:42 PM
I just recieved my XM tuner today from Ken....

Where the hell does this thing go? I've spent the last hour searching here, scionlife, and google and have come up with nothing
I did a temporary ghetto install until I find out where it's actually supposed to go in the car, and it sounds great!
Sorry, I missed this earlier. Here is the link to our XM Tuner page and the instructions can be downloaded from the upper right hand corner.

Ken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.