Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get xm radio with my stock tc radio. is the tuner and antenna the only two things that i need to receive xm radio, and for it to be displayed on my tc radio.
the tuner is GEX-P910XM
and any antenna.

thanks to anyone who replies.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yep, that's all you should need...well...a six-pack and a buddy to help drink it while you do the install wouldn't hurt.

Edit...Late night last knight...Didn't see the Pio model #...Zoltiz is correct...Pio XM receiver wont work...Thought he had the OEM XM tuner...Plus I think I drank that whole six-pack myself...HeHeHe!!!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
GEX-P910XM won't work. This receiver works with Pioneer HUs, ours is not. Well, is not a true pioneer. So you pretty much need the Scion version of the XM receiver. Pulls from xB/xA work great, so if you can get your hands on one of these you will be ok.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Originally posted by Shadowwarz@Nov 1 2004, 01:23 PM
do you know the exact model name of the receiver that i need for my tc?
And why would you need a toyota part number for it? It's not a Pioneer receiver, nobody except for dealers is selling these receivers, so honestly no idea how would a model/part no. help you...

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
You can always swap out a HU, or buy SkyFi/Roady and us an aux-in adaptor with it. Other than that - let me repeat it one more time:

Originally posted by zoltiz@Nov 1 2004, 08:13 AM
GEX-P910XM won't work. This receiver works with Pioneer HUs, ours is not. Well, is not a true pioneer. So you pretty much need the Scion version of the XM receiver. Pulls from xB/xA work great, so if you can get your hands on one of these you will be ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.