Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was actually able to install the Delphi SA50000 XM Receiver in my car today. Installation of the unit itself was extremely easy, taking only around an hour from start to finish, including running the wires and everything. The only thing I did later (which took five minutes) was installing the stand, which slips under the bolt on the left side of the passenger's seat (see the last picture below). I got some advice that the antenna would work fine installed on the inside of the car at the front of the dash, so I tried that and it works fine (see the 4th picture below), instead of running the antenna all the way to the back of the car.

It sounds great -- I'm thrilled!

If anyone has any interest, I will post detailed descriptions of exactly what I used to put this setup together, along with prices and where I bought each piece.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Not a big fan of gooseneck installs but it looks pretty nice. The pics are a little on the dark side, though

How's reception when driving North - as in when the signal is blocked by the roof?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry you don't like it.

Even at $300, the XM setup that comes from the dealer is a huge ripoff -- the controls suck, and you can't use the XM outside your car.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Well, some things work for some people and not for others...that's just the way it goes.

I say Kudos to you if it works like you want it to! I wouldn't mind trying XM myself, but I just can't bring myself to shell out all of the money for the dealer set-up.

Grats on getting it done yourself!!!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...Yea, the major benefit of my setup is that the receiver can be removed easily and used elsewhere, such as at home or at the office...

·
Registered
8 Posts
here's a question....what if I have the same Delphi electronics, as I do, and want to install it in my tc...can I do it and have the text be on the car stereo itself? Can I effectively HIDE the unit? what do I need to adapt it to the existing stereo/ Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't see how you could get the Delphi SA50000 to be operated by the head unit, as it's not designed for that...the only output on the cradle is a stereo jack, which will not transmit data but only sound...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts