Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paul from http://mcgeorgeparts.com informed me that he is having a sale on tC XM kits for $289.00

Get em while they last

Paul is a great guy, btw, he supplied me with install manuals for tC accessories, so if anyone needs em - hit me up. If you are in Atlanta area I can also help you with installs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I really wish that I had at least some level of technical savvy, or that I trusted my friend who does not to screw something up. I noticed that there are now a bunch of new options on xmradio.com (I think) for satellite ready factory and aftermarket headunits that let you use the tuner and not a remote--I guess that explains Scion's price drop as well. Considering I'd definitely be paying for installation no matter what, XM is suddenly looking much more appealing.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I'll let you know -- I'm going to attempt it this weekend.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Err, wait...the factory one is different. That will probably be harder, but should still be doable without any splicing. Just connecting.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by falcon9094@Aug 27 2004, 07:34 AM
how hard is it to install the xm by your self, do you have to splice any wires?
Factory kit is very easy - no electric work, just removing body panels and connecting things - like a lego. Aftermarket can be easy if you don't care how it looks, but if you want to hardwire the thing for a "factory" look, then it will involve some splicing.

It all depends on your skills. For some people it's rocket science, for others it's a walk in the park.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts