Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to hook up the ipod though the XM port of the 6 disc front loading stock cd changer on the Scion tc?

I want to put my ipod in my tc but i want to know all the options first .
Does an XM Aux adapter exsist?
my next option would be to get teh neo ion. www.mp3yourcar.com

so anyone please help.

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes im a Newbie , I just want to make sure before i buy somthing.

thanks for the link . but this says

NOT compatible if equipped with factory XM or with the factory DVD changer

does this mean it wont work because i have an xm button on my head unit .

so this adaptor will hook in the back of my head unit to the xm input and work as an Aux?

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
PEI is talking about Toyota HUs when they mention DVD changers and stuff. It works fine with ALL Scion HUs, and I think it might even work if you have XM installed - there are 2 input connectors on the back of our HUs - factory XM uses a smaller one and somebody told me that the PEI adaptor is using the bigger one. But if you don't have factory XM installed you are definitely safe - it does not matter that our HUs are XM "ready".

·
Registered
680 Posts
No, you need all 3 parts to make it work, the iPod adapter and two harnesses. The first harness plugs into the OEM radio. The second harness plugs in between the first harness and the iPod adapter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by dmksaved@Jun 8 2005, 11:56 AM
so Iv researched and my question is would this adaptor work ? would it just plug into the back of the head unit and plug into the ipod ? is it that easy

check out this link:
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=460
oh would this plug into the xm port on the back of the head unit ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by dmksaved+Jun 8 2005, 11:57 AM-->QUOTE (dmksaved @ Jun 8 2005, 11:57 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-dmksaved
@Jun 8 2005, 11:56 AM
so Iv researched and my question is would this adaptor work ? would it just plug into the back of the head unit and plug into the ipod ?  is it that easy

check out this link:
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=460
oh would this plug into the xm port on the back of the head unit ? [/b]
nevermind this does not work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.