Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Our reflector housings are not designed for HID. You would be producing alot of glare that is blinding towards oncoming traffic. The only real solution is a retrofit like EddNog has.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by Plissken@Nov 12 2005, 11:30 PM
Our reflector housings are not designed for HID. You would be producing alot of glare that is blinding towards oncoming traffic. The only real solution is a retrofit like EddNog has.
All HIDs are painful to me, so...

·
Registered
126 Posts
he totally sent two of the same links... lol hello??

by the way i HATE the spell check button!

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4+Nov 13 2005, 10:34 AM-->QUOTE (basilisk4 @ Nov 13 2005, 10:34 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Plissken
@Nov 13 2005, 02:08 AM
But you hate the aftermarket, so...
Nah, I think HIDs look sweet on the tC. [/b]
Me too but it saddens me that a retro costs $1200. i can't justify paying that for headlights.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ no doubt. like the wife doesnt hate me already.

me : "hey honey, i am going to buy some $1200 headlamps."

june : "are your old one's broken?"

me : "no, i just like these more."

june : "do you like them enough to sleep with them?"

me : "stock it is."

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
that's great...

I got a HID drop in kit... I'll have to see how bad it is... if it looks good and has a nice cutoff, i'll keep it in... and show you pics...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
A guy I met at Palisades has the same kit... It looks great but we didn't have a wall to see what the cutoff looks like.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
^^^ Yeah, to be honest, I don't really care much about the second thing. People are always blinding me with their stock HIDs that are supposed to be "non-offensive," so I don't really see how this would be any different.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
yeah, i mean, why not be part of the problem?

just f#ckin with you, marty. i feel the same way. one more reason i like tint.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I knew you'd have my back, d. Seriously, I know that the fact that other people are inconsiderate bastards doesn't mean I should be one too, but sometimes you just have to throw your hands up and do what you want.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
That's one of the things I'm a little worried about with the HID kit... Blinding other people. I just got flashed 2x Saturday night, and the only thing I can think of is that my headlights might have been too high/bright... but they're STOCK. There weren't any cops around.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
you arent the first to report that occurance. it seems strange to me, because the low level yellow from stock is hardly offensive. on the other hand, i have to turn my sideview mirrors down when moriarty is behind me with those damn luminics.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
they are godang bright. Go with the silver stars if you dont want to spend 300 bucks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.