Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 18344 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
any game that cheap on any system anymore usually isnt that great, but they are usually good for playing when you are trashed!!!!!

good games suck when your drunk but bad games rule when your trashed, so the real question is would you rather be sloppy or sober???

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
trust someone who has actually played the game: for 18 bucks its awesome. great atmosphere that will scare the sh!t out of you. its a lot of fun, short, but fun. if you're someone who doesn't spend 6 hours a day gaming, it will take you a few days to beat it.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ummmm I'm pretty sure the game is called Condemned: Criminal Origins. If it is that game then you should definitely buy it. Played the game, loved it, effing scary, good graphics, brutal combat. And the story is pretty crazy, too. But if you really want the expert opinions on a game you should check out reviews from gaming websites. And don't let the price tag fool you, it is a top notch game.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
one game i havent played. i have a bunch of games calling my name

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Enxhanted Arms is so sick, it deserves it's own thread but I don't want to flood Off Topic.

It's an RPG like Final Fantasy. I AM PICKY ON MY RPGs but I have to say that this game finally got me in the mood to play. I haven't enjoyed an RPG since 2D days- Chrono Trigger. FF7 was okay but ehhh.

Enchanted Arms fighting is like FF Tactics- on a 3x4 vs 3x4 grid. EA does it tastefully.

Enchanted Arms setting is futuristic like FF7- I don't really futuristic storylines but this seems pretty cool. I need to get more into though. I prefer knights and swords.. ehh the good old days...

Characters are likeable accept for this tranvestite, yeah you read it right. He/she is annoying but whatevers.

You can make golems to fight for you like a character.

You have to buy skills and use points to learn them. After learning them, you have to pick and choose which skills they can use- This already sucks because I like having a laundry list of what skills to use.

There is a LIVE for this but it's to fight golems and not to go throughout the game. So if anyone has this game, give me a few weeks to beef up my golems.

Definately worth $60.

I have to admit, I invested 3-4 hours into this game but I am already loving it. The box est. 50 hours.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Great RPG's are hard to come by. I have been wanting to play one but I just dont think I have the time to invest in one anymore. FF7 was the first game I got when I got a ps1 and played the hell out of it. Its still one of my favorite games. Another good one was Star Ocean for the ps1. I think I played over 80hours into it. That was back when I had no responsibilites so spending hours a day was easy. FF8 was decent, nobody seemed to like it but I played through it and did everything you could do, even stuff not in the guide. I may go rent Enchanted Arms, i've got the game pass so i'll keep it as long as I need. How is the fighting system? Is it turn based or active?

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
i cannot STAND turn based fighting. if i wanted that i'd play dice games. J knows my feeling about this. I heard good things about Enchanted Arms from a few folks i know who own it

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry Eric, it is turn based and I haven't seen an option to make it active- but I haven't been looking.

Each turn takes a long time since you have to move them because of cell length damage- this part sucks but I'm sure it will have it's purpose with big bosses.

You can auto fight but I haven't tried it.

Eric, I'm not sure if you'll like this game cause of teh turn fighting, but damn, it's fun.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
just like i make the occassional exception for somewhat ugly women now and then, I may make an exception for this.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by jrocc@Nov 22 2006, 12:59 PM
EDIT: X360 RANTS HERE

ADMIN,
Please Change title to "X360 Game Rant".
Also please take out poll.

Thanks,
Jason
^^Please Admin.

Eric, play your other games first then once I beat it- which may take a while because I have to find time to play- I'll let you borrow it.

Dennis, hold up from getting Gears.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Gears of War is badass. The graphics were insane, i've never seen a better looking game. The game play was great it fun and challenging. People who like the run and gun games may not like this because you do have to hide a bit but the game is all action. I highly recommend this game to rent or buy. The replay value may be alright to play through on the harder difficulties but even on the easiest mode its not easy. The game is set up to play co-op so you and a friend can play through together.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeahs a duck and cover game. The lead game designer said he had the inspiration from paintball.

HOWEVER, like I was telling Eric and Kyle...

NOT ENOUGH GUNS!! There's only like 5 and 2 pistols WHOOPEE DOO! 1 type of gernade that I got so far and 1 only listed in the book. Melee part sucks except with the chainsaw gun.

Enemies are equipped with 100 kelvar shells so it takes about 7653467 bullets to kill them. Running from wall to wall, jumping baricades, blind firing, and the satelite gun may be cool at first but MAN IT GETS WORNED OUT!

Don't get me wrong, I do like the game but there is no "WOW" factor like I got when I first played Halo1.

I can't wait to co-op with Eric or any of you guys as long as you don't take it too seriously. I just want to run in and blow things up.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Yea the lack of weapons was bad I used the same gun the whole game. Once you get later on in the game, it becomes easier to kill the enemies. You will be able to pick your spots better and then be sure to use the active reload. Whenever you get it right, it makes the next clip more powerful. I never got a WOW from Halo, my mouth made a similar movement but it was a yawn. It was a great shooter but I felt it was extremely boring. The game should have been twice as short but they made you play every level twice. Then that one level where you go through the same looking room at least 10 times. I wanted to cut it off many times but I insisted to play through it since it was said to be this superb game. I even game Halo 2 a chance but played through until you become the alien and got the same feeling from the first one. It felt more like an expansion pack than a sequal. I'm in no way downing you for liking that game, it just wasnt my cup of tea.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You're right with the same maps over and over but man, but the snow levels = fun fun.

Another thing with Gears, the crappy vehicle that can either shoot or drive but not at the same time. Active reloading is cool but I wasn't aware that it makes your gun stronger.

Berserker scared me and Eric openly admitted to it too.

The game is cool but the replay factor is .. ehh... How I know? I turned in my first xbox so I have nothing saved. I have to replay the begining.

1 - 20 of 18344 Posts