Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turkey Cars: Great Pictures Of Un-Great Cars

Toyota Scion XB
Designed and promoted as a vehicle for Generation X’ers who like to spend their weekends surfing and generally hanging out and looking cool, the boxy, funky-looking Scion XB has instead found a devoted following among much older drivers who love its low ride and ample headroom. Dude, how uncool is that?[/b]
MSNBC'S Turkey Car Showdown:

1. Citroën 2CV
2. Chevrolet Vega (1970-74)
3. Ford Pinto (1971-80)
4. Yugo GV (1981-91)
5. Pontiac Aztek
6. Hummer H2
7. Honda Element
8. JiangLing Landwind 4x4
9. Toyota Scion xB

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
WTF? How could you even think xB in that crowd of misfits and automotive losers? (Except the 2CV, those things are common as dirt in France). And the Element too? WTF????

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
people bash without having a basis, cant change that.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Nov 26 2005, 07:09 AM
WTF? How could you even think xB in that crowd of misfits and automotive losers? (Except the 2CV, those things are common as dirt in France). And the Element too? WTF????
I think they were basing that list mostly on looks.

The is actually the second list of "turkey cars" I've seen in the last few months, and both had the xB. I kind of have to agree....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
If the xB had a larger engine, I would probably buy one for my wife.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by Azrael@Nov 26 2005, 10:57 AM
If the xB had a larger engine, I would probably buy one for my wife.
If the xB had a larger engine, I'd probably have gotten one instead. I like light weight and I actually like the looks of the xB--I think it's a very fun car and I would've done something very different with it than I did with the tC. To me, each car has a certain inherent look to it, and the xB can be very stylish in its own way (a bit more blingy, a whole lot less sporty/aggressive) compared to tC. It's just a shame it didn't have at least a 2.3liter engine.

Granted I would likely end up doing more mods to an xB than I did to my tC, which is a car that looks great from the factory. xB from the factory just isn't very great, but by the, "supposed," philosophy of Scion, the xB is an excellent, "blank canvas."

EDIT: If I got the xB, I'd have gotten automatic, and focused more on comfort, ergonomics and A/V along with charismatic, somewhat blingy style. With the tC, I'm all about going stick and going performance and sexy style that's clean but effective. I can't wait to supercharge my tC!

-Ed

PS I also would have much appreciated the two extra doors. I'm not married or have kids yet but I am constantly driving with more than one passenger.

PPS I think the Element is one of the ugliest cars in production and sale in the U.S. so far in the new millennium. It's gross. It's ugly. It's putrid. It looks like the Aztec's long lost equally ugly little bro. I didn't state anything about any other aspect of that car, I mean only the styling.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That list is pretty lame. I know that we all have our own opinion on what is ugly. I guess that is a good thing. I agree with the Aztec being ugly. The Vega was not that ugly...just a piece of junk. Hey...where is the AMC Gremlin and please let's not forget the Pacer. that is my absolute worst. Thanks AMC..you did not build many cars but you sure had some ugly ones.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i think the edsel should be on the list.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
the whole center dash placed gauges thing really pisses me off
the only advantage to that is it might be cheaper to switch the car so the steering wheel is on the right side like it is in Japan (or at least i think so)

but the aztek is by far the ugliest car ever sold in the U.S.
the Pontiac Aztek is much uglier than the Edsel (IMO of course)

·
Premium Member
7,429 Posts
1. Citroën 2CV

3. Ford Pinto (1971-80)

4. Yugo GV (1981-91)

5. Pontiac Aztek

6. Hummer H2

7. Honda Element

9. Toyota Scion xB

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Dec 4 2005, 03:54 PM
1. Citroën 2CV

3. Ford Pinto (1971-80)

4. Yugo GV (1981-91)

5. Pontiac Aztek

6. Hummer H2

7. Honda Element

9. Toyota Scion xB
The Aztec is so ugly its pic failed to show itself for the possibility of embarassment, even in this crowd.

-Ed

·
Registered
266 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Dec 4 2005, 03:54 PM
1. Citroën 2CV

3. Ford Pinto (1971-80)

4. Yugo GV (1981-91)

5. Pontiac Aztek

6. Hummer H2

7. Honda Element

9. Toyota Scion xB
Good pictures of real ugly cars...except the number "2" is not a vega...it is my personal most ugly..the AMC Pacer

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
over thanksgiving, i was at palm spring, saw a shitload of new element just cruising on the main road there, never seen so many b4..
plus wats so bad about the xB?

and they have that Citroën 2CV car in GT4, and fully upgraded, it has like 15hp

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.