Votes: 0 0.0%
  • noise, what noise?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok am i the only person on this forum that doesnt hear any rattling coming from the hatch, im very curious to know how many people are hearing this. im beginning to get very worried about you guys
maybe its all in your head??!! and everytime someone mentions it you go, " yeah i heard the same thing driving home" hmmm

i drove home with the radio off just to see and i heard nothing.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I always marvel at how much quieter it is than my Supra, so I never notice any noises.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
yeah I have a sunroof rattle that is constant but it has taken me over 1 month to convince the dealer that I need a new sunroof, so they have finally ordered everything to install my new one and hopefully this one won't rattle

·
Registered
107 Posts
Drove it back to my house from a 1 hour drive, heard a clank sound from the back when I was slowing down at the off ramp. Then again it just could of been the stock muffer in the back.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hamster thanks for posting the link but that thread was kinda old and defintely needed a free bump up or something. i dont like to post in old threads especially one that started in march, its almost july but thanks though

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have 4k miles on the car now and i can only imagine how annoying it is to not know what is making the sound so you can fix it.
there was a point where i would always hear something but i figured out it was all the cd's that i had in the arm rest compartment. so everytime i made a corner i would hear it. how many of you have taken this issue to the dealer?

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
11 months and 14,300 miles. Still only slight rattling from time to time. Hasn't been enough to bother me since sometime in 2004.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I also have a slight rattle, if i knew how to take apart the top of the hatch i definetly would to remedy my problem....because I do have a few things i want to try to get rid of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been battling this for about a year. Bought the car last June and about a month later the hatch started rattling. I was told that it's the struts and that Scion/Toyota was aware of the problem and that they're trying to remedy the problem. My dealer said some TC's have such a problem with the struts that the hatch won't even stay up. We've replaced the struts twice on mine and I still have the problem.
I also have a problem with the drivers side vent rattling, replaced it and now the one in there not only rattles--it also can't stay in one spot.
Fun stuff

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
The strut story is an out and out lie. You need to find a better service department.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My car has 300 miles on it and I've noticed the rattling, off and on, for the past 100 miles. The second I heard the noise, I immediately thought of ya'll and knew exactly what it was.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.