Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i put a sub and amp in my truck. i have a crossfire 1000d and an audiobahn sub that my brother gave me. its worked fine for a few weeks but today i was listening to music in my truck and i changed the song i was listening to and the sub stopped playing. i took out the sub and checked all the connections and they were fine, i didnt blow up the VC's so i screwed the sub back in and put it in my truck and as soon and the amp kicked on the sub went F'in crazy, hittin the same note over and over so i turned it off and switched the positve and negative wires going into the sub box and turned it back on and it worked fine. so i drove my car up and parked it in our driveway and turned up the music and i got nothin. so i checked the ground and power and all that to make sure and that was all good, so i lifted the box up and checked the connectors and everything was connected, the amp was on and wasnt in protection. i pushed on the negative terminal and the sub started to play and when i let go it stopped. i then pushed on the positive and it did nothing and then i took my finger off the positive and touched the negative and the sub went crazy again and my finger started to tingle. after that i started talkin to a friend and when i came back the sub was playing and it was fine. so i hit the button to change the cd(10 disc cd changer in the back) and i could hear noise in the sub when i changed cd's. it sounded like the cd changer just amplified and in the sub and i changed the cd a few more times and it kept doing it and when i pause the music the sub kinda taps, it doesnt stop playing. its ver low but its annoying, if i turn the bass boost down it stops but it shouldnt be doing that. any idea of whats wrong? im thinking maybe my amp went bad but idk. what do u think?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I would almost bet for sure its the amp or wiring somewhere that is loose, I would def have the amp sent back to the manu to get it checked out

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I wouldn't say for sure an amp issue, although it is a distinct possibilty. It could also be a weak ground, you need at least a 4AWG ground with that amp. Does it still make the sound when the radio is at Volume '0' ? Also when the car is on, and you press the gas can you hear a whine in the speaker?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
ahh ground good thinking yeah sometimes bad grounds can give off those things, you might try grounding it somewhere else and see what effects you get

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it shouldnt be the ground wire, its grounded to the body of the truck and nothing else is grounded with it. when i turn the volume down the sub still makes a funny noise and when i hit the gas i cant tell if it still has the noise or not cuz the engine is too loud. i took the connectors that were in the box off and put a block of wood over it and sealed it up and ran the wires through that and just saudered the wires together and connected them to the amp and the sub works but it still makes a funny noise when the volume is at 00, when i change songs and when i change cd's and when its paused. the ground, power, remote start, and rca's are all ran on the same side of the truck but its been like that for a long time and ive never had a problem

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i havent had time to work on my truck yet but i think theres something wrong with the ground because i hear the engine through the sub and the cd changer and stuff so im gonna check the ground and ground it somewhere else and it that doesnt work ill run some new rca's because the ones that are in there are from like 97' so it could be the shielding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.