Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4,643 Posts
Originally posted by basilisk4@Oct 20 2004, 08:59 AM
There are better options than getting it from the dealer. Search the site a little.
Options like what? Delphi?

Scion tC XM receiver kit is $285 from http://mcgeorgeparts.com

I got mine used off eBay for around $200 (before Scion dropped their XM pricing from $550).

Other than that I don't see any options

· Registered
4,643 Posts
^^^ I know you do
Some people like the subtlety of controlling the XM with the stock HU.

An what was the price difference?

$150 for delphi skyfi with car kit + $60 for the aux in adapter + $XX for mounting hardware? Pretty damn close to $285 Scion kit...

· Registered
6,498 Posts
$62 for the Delphi SkyFi receiver, $70 for the car kit (but it actually only cost me $20 because I had a $50 Best Buy gift card, which is part of the reason I went this route), $60 for the adapter, and $12 for the cradle. That's $204 if you count the full price of the car kit, but it only cost me $154 because of the gift card. There's also the fact that the adapter is neat because I can now hook up an mp3 player or anything else (CD changer, etc.) through the head unit. There's also the fact that my XM receiver can be used outside the car as well.

So anyway, it was significantly cheaper for me (over $100), and I liked the setup better anyway. If you wanted it to run through the head unit and don't care about being able to get XM outside the car, though, yea, it's probably better to go with the factory XM setup.

· Registered
662 Posts
I have seen XM reciever in the local Best Buy for less then $60. Do you think that will still work. My bro has it with his XM Commander and it worked on his mazda 6 and i'm not sure if it's going ot work on the tc. I read somewhere that you need some adaptor to be able to attach the reciever or something.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
I have the XM Commander in my tC and it works (err, worked -- long story, but not relevant here) just fine when used with the TOY03-AUX adapter.

· Registered
2 Posts
Let me know if you're still interested in XM. I'm selling the factory setup - everything needed for a Scion. I got it about 90 days ago and everything works perfectly. There's also a much easier installation than recommended by the factory. This includes the XM tuner, cables, antenna.

· Premium Member
1,691 Posts
How much do you want for the XM? PM me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.