Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the Pro Racer GN+ wheels today in 17 x 8.5, 5 x 100, 48mm offset in this color today with Toyo T1S Proxes in 245/40/17. From what I can tell they should fit in the wheel wells. We'll find out Saturday...

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bought it all from my friends at Motorsport Dynamics in Sacramento. I can't tell you what I paid, it wouldn't be fair to them. I've known Ed and Henry for 16 years and sent them a lot of business, so things always work out well for me with them. They are also a very large 5Zigen dealer. I can say I didn't see a price anywhere on the net that beat what I paid by enough to make up even the sales tax difference.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do they have a website? I cant find a good 5zigen dealer online that has more than 2 rims.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Well, it's saturday. Post pics. I really want to see how this setup fits.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wheels didn't show up yet. Next week. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town through at least Wednesday, so if they show up next week I probably won't be able to get to them until Saturday next week.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Originally posted by BoostC@Mar 5 2005, 01:39 PM
Do they have a website? I cant find a good 5zigen dealer online that has more than 2 rims.
Click here. I did a quick google for it.

late

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those prices are >$50 per wheel more than I paid.

So, for everyone who wants to know, the 17 x 8.5 wheels with 48mm offset fit just like they were made for the car. No fender rolling required, 245/40/17s don't have any issues at all. In fact, it really looks like a 17 x 9 would even fit without any issues at all.

NOW the car corners. I'll be happy to chase anyone with 225s and any suspension mod you want through the twisties, you won't make any ground on me despite my stock suspension.

The ABS still works, so the brakes will continue to be satisfactory for street use (but I really want better pads now, I just don't like the initial bite on the stock pads). I can really launch the car now too. It's hard to get wheel spin. It's just amazing what an extra 30mm of width can do for a car!

Pics will have to be tomorrow, too dark right now.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I can't wait!

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Preliminary driving report:

Need better seats. Side bolsters are not adequate for the cornering force I get with these tires/rims. I think I can successfully chase Supras through the technical stuff. The car REALLY rails around corners. Best mod EVER for me.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Still sweet. If I damage my wheels and wear out the tires I might spring for something like that. Now that the SC is turning into a phantom.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was less than $1800 for this installed. New pics with 5Zigen Pro Racer GN+ 17 x 8.5 with 245/40/17s Toyo Proxes T1S.

Damon and Mori took it for a spin today, maybe they will also post their driving impressions soon.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Are you thinking of getting those fender flares that Ken was showing off? I think they'd go really well on that install.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Still can use a TRD drop. And this polished lip deal - definitely a personal preference thing.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.