Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a WRX 2002 with a turbo XS BOV...When his car was running stock with BOV it was ok...Now he has an intake and everytime he lets off his gas it makes a crshhh crssh noise before the BOV goes off, and no its not the BOV making that noise, its the turbo...I was wondering if it was normal because when he didnt have the intake on (AEM) it was sounding fine, then after the intake it made that sound before the BOV...

·
Registered
71 Posts
maybe the spring in the BOV is to hard and basically your getting a flutter.. which is the air hits the wall on the throttle body when its closed and rushes back and hits the turbine.. that will mess up your turbo fast.. tell him to loosen up the spring

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
It could also be that it always had the noise but it wasn't as audible until the intake went on. You do hear more throat noise. Just a thought.

·
Registered
444 Posts
can u get a blow off valve without having a turbo??...like on my stock car?? lol i dont think u can but who knows...not very good with the whole engine side of cars. stick to audio and looks

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
your friend got the 2 dumbest mods to get on a wrx. all the bovs for them suck ass and make them run like junk. a wrx does not need an intake unless it is really built, and most of the intakes for wrxs also make ur car run like junk. tell him to go back to stock. for bov the ones with least problems are hks and the worx. worx is the only adjustable bov for a wrx

·
BOOST its what I do!
6,530 Posts
QUOTE (skeeler @ Sep 18 2005, 08:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=93202
a wrx does not need an intake unless it is really built, and most of the intakes for wrxs also make ur car run like junk. tell him to go back to stock. for bov the ones with least problems are hks and the worx. worx is the only adjustable bov for a wrx[/b]

You might not think i know about subarus but I do. One Recirc that BOV. The intake Skeeler is 100% right go back to stock right now sell intake and slap him self in forehead. Tell your friend to buy STi turbo, intercooler, bypass valve. Get a Cobb tunning Access port for (HIS) year, make, and model. Buy a bell mouth Down pipe with full 3" exhaust. Those are the basic mods that a subaru will benefit from. It will be alot better and alot more fun to drive.

Also Skeeler the WORX is not the only one GFB makes adjustable one's too.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
damn dude, this is like over two years old man! Im pretty sure there is a lot of adjustable BOVS meow. How in the world did you find this thread?

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
QUOTE (HawkINX4 @ Aug 6 2005, 05:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=81110
maybe the spring in the BOV is to hard and basically your getting a flutter.. which is the air hits the wall on the throttle body when its closed and rushes back and hits the turbine.. that will mess up your turbo fast.. tell him to loosen up the spring[/b]
And it causes the turbine to spin the opposite direction..

QUOTE (skeeler @ Jul 11 2007, 07:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=327039
damn dude, this is like over two years old man! Im pretty sure there is a lot of adjustable BOVS meow. How in the world did you find this thread?[/b]
and did skeeler just meow like a cat?

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
how many meows can you get it? I'm going to try to get 10 in with the next convo with my girl.

btw, having a bov is cool and all, but isn't it better just to have the air recycled rather than released to the atm.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
recirc > atmospheric. On a WRX the stocker can handle up to 19 psi i believe, which would mean you would have already did a turbo swap because the TD04 (pre 2008) can hang anymore. 16.5 is tops for reliablility on the stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.