Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am trying to figure out a couple things with the STI Hood Scoop.

1. If you open up your engine with that hood scoop, it would allow water to get into your engine, but how does the STI do it?

2. Would there be a way to put that scoop on the hood and somehom put an intake under neath it, without it sucking in water?

3. If you just put the scoop on and leave everything else there, would you be able to put an intercooler or whatever the STI has underneath it there?

Man this is really confusing. I need to make a decision!

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
If you really think it will look good, then go for it. It won't be functional, though, and I think it'll look really weird.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
STi has a top mount IC, right? So it kinda makes sense for them to have it.

tC - nope.

·
Registered
508 Posts
well considering that most people who do own sti's dont even like the hood scoop bc of how big and ugly it is on the car it was designed to be on then it definatly wont look good on a tc.

the only thing it would do for a tc is act like a parachute on the front of the car.

as per your question about the scoop on the sti with rain and water it doesnt have anything under the scoop for the rain or water to hurt. in fact sti's came with water squirters directly under the scoop to spray on the top mount so it will help cool it off a little more while the person is racing it. the actual filter system of the car goes into the passenger side fender. i have a friend who owns an sti, and 4 more with regular wrx's.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The New Legacy Scoop would be better, alot lower then the STi, I would like to see it so it works with the short ram intake, having an inner airchannel leading to the cone filter on the short ram intakes....

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
That's a lot of work to *possibly* make something that's almost entirely worthless a little less worthless.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Good Scoop

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaad Scoop.......

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.