Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
correct on both counts. your stock paper cone pioneers are still there unless your dealer has a dealer installed alternative.

· Registered
6,498 Posts
^^^ Our local dealers have had a dealer-installed "upgraded" car audio system since day one. Maybe it's a SET thing...?

· Ironhead
12,859 Posts
i agree. when it comes to beat in your car, i encourage aftermarket gear.

you silly SET people.

· Registered
801 Posts
yes, but 100W for $265 not including any installation fees? who would honestly pay that when you could go down to a mobile-one, or audio-express and pay a little more to get better speakers and an amp installed (not including any possible holiday discounts/random sales they have)? i mean, ken's a good guy and all and would probably hook you up, but still, $265 for 100W and 4 new speakers w/o touching the tweeters?

· Registered
2,278 Posts
Why? Because you cannot get 4 speakers and an amp for 265, the amp alone is typically going to be at least 200. Also, the stock tweeters are fine, and chances are the speakers are matched to them anyway. 265 is not a bad deal for what it is.

Also just for reference, my 4 speakers and my amp cost me 625 and I installed them myself.

-Ed

· Registered
6,498 Posts
My four speakers plus amp cost close to $500 plus installation, and while they are high-quality items (Alpine and Infinity), I got them for less than they usually cost. Good speakers and amps are expensive.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.