Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today started out horrible, but i didn't realize how horrible it would be! I ended up forget my college paper so my professor said i had to email it to her as soon as i got home. So after class i had to rush to the hospital to check on my aunt, then i had planned to run home and email the paper to my professor...little did i know what was awaiting me in the parking lot of my college, until i saw it when i came out the hospital. SOMEONE HIT ME AND THEN LEFT WITHOUT GIVING ME ANY INFORMATION! MY tC WAS A VICTIM OF A HIT AND RUN!!!

It's horrible.
I cried forever before i called the cops. Then once i did they said that i would have to go back to my college and report it there. So i went back and then my college said since i left the scene without calling them (I had NO IDEA that someone hit me...) that now they couldnt give me a police report!
Everyone just seemed to screw me over today.

When i got home my paper was already 3 hours late, but i sent it anyway. And the insurance company said they will send out a guy to give me an estimate on Monday. But i have to pay the $500 deductable...and i am like so broke right now. I have to pay my car payment, plus my credit card bill, plus my niece's sweet 16th bday gift and now on top of all that i have to come up with 500 dollars!!! But my parents said they would help me out but i have to pay them back. IT JUST SUCKS!!!

It always has to happen to someone with a brand new car...but hopefully she'll get fixed quick bc i hate driving around with a huge dent in my car. It makes me so sad.

Here's a few quick shots of my baby's damage....

EDIT: Yesterday I got my bumper fixed. Here's a few quick night shots of the new bumper. I'll take more in the morning so oyu can see how well they matched the paint. It only took like 4 hours for them to do my car and now it looks like it is new again....minus the dirt from the snow fall.

p.s. she is real dirty from the snow and the paint job does match even though from the pics it looks gross. lol

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Nooooo.... not the SW! Stupid pricks running!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thats horrible, same thing happened to me, but not even close to that bad!, thats why we should all just drive around p o s beaters and not have nice cars!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well if it happened at your college I would do a little drive around and look at all the cars front or back bumpers cuz they will have some nice white paint on it and once found! WA BAM you have a suspect... lol Anyway that sux hope everything comes out good in the end.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by MustangJolly@Jan 25 2006, 05:58 PM
you still have to pay the deductible even if it wasn't your fault? that seems ridiculous to me.. it doesn't look too bad, maybe you can get someone to pop it out for you?
There's no way i can pop it out. I need to get a whole new bumper and get it repainted and all that crap. I'm probably going to be carless for like a week or 2

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Originally posted by MustangJolly@Jan 25 2006, 08:58 PM
you still have to pay the deductible even if it wasn't your fault? that seems ridiculous to me.. it doesn't look too bad, maybe you can get someone to pop it out for you?
Anytime your insurance pays anything, you pay the deductible. You can make the deductible $0, if you want -- it just costs more. It especially makes sense to lower the deductible on your UMI coverage, since it doesn't cost much -- mine is $100.

As for the dent, you can't "pop out" a dent in plastic. Plus, there is obvious paint damage on her bumper.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Do some research just for fun. Look for fresh white paint on someone bumper. Then kill him.

Seriously though (wait, wasn't I being serious?), that's not so bad. At least the damage is all in one spot. It could be worse and be your bumper/fender, ya know? It still sucks though. Why the hell are our cars prime targets for people?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
it does suck pretty hard. but hey at least it was just a dent and not a full blown accident which resulted in the totalling of ur car and the loss of human life. still sucks pretty hard tho to come out of pocket just cuz u went to class on a wednesday, like everybody else.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Come on now...I'm from jersey originally...so you know how to take care of this (insert evil laugh here). But seriously that does suck ass. If you happen to see the car with white paint on the bumper somewhere kick it a matching dent! I hat people who just leave after screwing up someones car...When I had my mustang some clown parked his explorer on the passenger side corner of my car...quite literally too...Luckily I heard the alarm going off outside of work (since I work outside 90 % of the time) and went out there and gave the guy the smackdown for trying to leave, and also for being a stupid ass...my car was the only one parked in the entire ISLE!!!!!!! Guess he wanted my spot!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know that it isnt as bad as getting into a full blown accident, but it just sucks bc i have only had the car like 4 months!! And the police wont do anything at my college bc they are gay! And all they said they would do is "look for someone with white paint on there car and MAYBE thats the person...but they more than likely wont do anything! GRRRR Stupid college students dont know how to drive at my school!!!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Uh... College and HS kids don't know how to drive ANYWHERE.

I would never bring a brand new car to school.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear that. That happened to my friend also, someone backed up into him a drove off without leaving anything. Hope it all works out and you find the guy/girl that did that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.