Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a 4 car accident today. 4th car ran into 3rd car ran into me and i ran into the truck in front of me. Pics soon to come. im guessing around 1500 worth of damage. front and rear bumpers ar toast, along with a bump in the hood.

Im thinkin i take the ins. money, sell the scion and buy me a Z28. I've always wanted a Z28.

What kind of $ do you think i can get for a banged up scion? KBB says 15300 without the wreck.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
if you ran into your car, it was your fault to begin with. your luck that the other cars ran in to you. dues to the multicar, you all split the cost of repairs. aint that joy.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by HaTeOnThYs05@Oct 20 2005, 04:56 PM
if you ran into your car, it was your fault to begin with. your luck that the other cars ran in to you. dues to the multicar, you all split the cost of repairs. aint that joy.
Huh? If i ran into my car, id prolly bounce off and fall down.

this is how it went down:

3 cars stoped at a light

Im the middle car

A guy runs into the back car goin bout 40-45

We all run into eachother.

I sell the scion and get 4 more cylinders.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
To improve your contribution to depleting all global reserves of petroleum. I'm down for that!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Oct 20 2005, 05:26 PM
To improve your contribution to depleting all global reserves of petroleum. I'm down for that!
WOOO the wasteful and expensive american dream.

See, I've always wanted a V8. Just insurance was too much for me. I think I can afford it now. I hate mustangs and dont like how firebirds look. So where else am I going to get 300+ horses with 28 hwy MPG? (my brothers 00 SS gets 28)

·
Registered
576 Posts
My z-28 cost around 10K with all my work done to it, and was putting over 350 hp down to the wheels. It would rape a tC blindfolded.

*nostalgic wave....

but... The tC is so much better looking/smoother/quieter/sexier than that beast ever was.

And you think driving in the rain sucks in the tC on stock tires? lol... Try taking a corner in a z-28 in the rain without good traction....

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by OliverThomas@Oct 20 2005, 06:33 PM
My z-28 cost around 10K with all my work done to it, and was putting over 350 hp down to the wheels. It would rape a tC blindfolded.

*nostalgic wave....

but... The tC is so much better looking/smoother/quieter/sexier than that beast ever was.

And you think driving in the rain sucks in the tC on stock tires? lol... Try taking a corner in a z-28 in the rain without good traction....
Traction Control will be a must if i get the LS1. What kind of mods did you have? 10k will buy alot more than 350 horses, or are you including the price of the car?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh OH OOOh pics::

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Looks pretty minor all things considered.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well it wasnt just the accident that made me think about the Z28, ive been craving that fo0r a while. With the $ from the accident im a bit more free. I think the main problems are hiden. the back bumper is flat. the hood you can barely see the bump in it, but its right on the edge and going to cause problems.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
tC took it like a pro!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heed my words of advise. This is coming from a guy who ran 12's with a LT1 trans am all motor without taking apart the engine, just bolt on's. They are Awsome cars to drive and really have no comparison for the price. However with that aside, they are expensive to upkeep on Gas, Insurance, and Maintanence. Don't get me wrong, they are unbelievable fun to drive especially when you get modded with every bolt on imaginable. I just don't do not think it is a great financial investment for a daily driver. If you need any help though and do go that route www.f-body.com and www.cz28.com will be your best friends.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh and to the guy who commented about the traction....yes due to the 300+ ponies you WILL have traction problems. I put on Goodyear GS-D3 F1 tires on mine and had better traction in the rain than how people have on dry pavement. Check tirerack.com for their unbelievable ratings, best rain tire and dry pavement tire you can buy for daily driving.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Just take the insurance money and.... customize!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm a regular over at LS2.com, and my brother has an 00SS, so i do know alot about the cars.

If im going to customize, its going to be a camaro. You know how sometimes you just want more power outta the tC? well 3000 buck in a tC will get you 40-50hp, while in a Z28 you have 150-200

·
Registered
11,881 Posts
Originally posted by QuadinScionTC@Oct 21 2005, 10:20 AM
I'm a regular over at LS2.com, and my brother has an 00SS, so i do know alot about the cars.

If im going to customize, its going to be a camaro. You know how sometimes you just want more power outta the tC? well 3000 buck in a tC will get you 40-50hp, while in a Z28 you have 150-200
Also depends on if you want a warranty or not >_>

Anyways, best wishes to you regardless! Don't just leave us stranded over here w/ Plissken, at least stop by and say hi every once and a while (with a kick beating of Pliss).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.