Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So maybe this isn't a problem with new cars but I'll ask anyway. I live in Colorado and the winters are DRY and HARSH! How do I keep all the rubber seals and pieces in good condition and keep them from cracking/drying out. My manager at work told me to use vegetable oil but I'm skeptical of that... wouldn't it just build up and get nasty?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I used to use pure silicon grease on my old car's weatherstrip, but now I hear that promotes rot in rubber. Zaino has stuff they say is for tires and weatherstrip. They've never lied to me before, so if the winters are that bad out there, I'd start here.

late

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zaino, ok! I'm so afraid to buy that stuff. I'm sure it's great and I'm postive it's the best but it's sooooooooooooooo expensive. OH well, money in, money out and I guess nothing is too good for my car!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's if you only buy one product though. If you end up buying the whole Zaino line then that's a lot of money. $4 x Xnumber of products = a lot

I'm willing to take everyone's word for it. If I just buy a few products at a time, it'll be easier on my college budget.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
The more you buy at once, the better. Their shipping is a flat $8.95 (or so).

If you order one thing at a time, you get killed in shipping prices.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Imo, 303 Aerospace Protectant is the best product for rubber, moldings, etc. It does a great job against UV but it's a little pricey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts