Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one thought about siping their tires for more traction? I was disappointed to find out diamond chains won't work on these sweet yet low profile narrow sidewall tires. I may have to buy spider chains ($350.00!) to get around when the infrequent yet likely snow falls here in the California Motherlode.

K

·
Registered
936 Posts
no , not a chance..........If its bad enough to use snow chains, you shouldnt be out anyways unless your a cop or paramedic.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geez tc Crazy you must be a city boy.

I live in the hills and having some kind of traction tire with the wet often icy roads means the difference between getting home or not. We are not talking a lot of snow but icy roads and bay area snow novices (fools) who don't know how to drive.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by rangerk@Aug 4 2004, 03:36 PM
Geez tc Crazy you must be a city boy.

I live in the hills and having some kind of traction tire with the wet often icy roads means the difference between getting home or not. We are not talking a lot of snow but icy roads and bay area snow novices (fools) who don't know how to drive.
jeesh am I that easy to figure out! haha.
Sorry for being ignorant on the subject.....i should have known that not everyones road conditions dont mimic mine here in Boston. Best of luck with your tire chains......hopefully a good pair of snow tires like Blizzaks will do the trick:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to have my tires siped and the spider chains not really chains ..(do a google search) look like a breeze to install.. it's just the cost!

Thanks,

K

P.S. my street never gets plowed thank the lord it faces South!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Ok you all. I'm from the snow capitol of the world. I live in buffalo new york. We've gotten 36" of snow over night. Thats why I'm glad I live just minutes away from both work and school and I can use all side streets if need be. I also live just minutes from one of those $.25 car wash do-it-yourself deals so I can keep my baby clean... that is, if I don't find a winter car I can afford before then!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts