Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scion security came with the car, and I read somewhere that the secruity alarm will go off if one of the glass windows is broken.

My question is if I get window tinting done on my scion, will the scion security alarm system still go off if somone breaks the window since the window glass won't shatter but stick to the tinting tape?

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes and no.

i've heard that tinting a window will help out when the window breaks by keeping it completely intact, but craking it, and im sure it muffles the sound a little bit too.

the security system works via the microphone thats listed above, but it all depends on its settings - it may or may not work as well.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
75% of cases the window cracking will not be picked up in the mic if you tint them. if the mic is sensitive enough to pick up glass breakage with tint it will also be going off when a rumbly V8 drives by.

·
Registered
63 Posts
no, my car doesnt go off when cars zoom by, or when i lean on it, or when it rains

but this one time i did lean on it [kinda fell back on it] and it went off.
i didnt know there was a sesitivity

·
Registered
26 Posts
cars orleaning has nothing to do if it has a mic, it looks for a super high pitch glass makes when breaking.. what you guys are doing is settin off the stock sensor... its on the same line as a dog whistle...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.