Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, I am going to get my windows tinted for Christmas this year, and I live in Columbus, Ohio... Anyways, does anybody know the legal limit? I don't know much about window tinting, other than that people say "Mine are __ %"... I know this has something to do with the light that it allows in, but for say if it was 25%, does that mean it lets in 25%/cuts out 75% or the other way where it cuts 25%/allows 75% light to come in? Also, what do u think it will run me? Thanks! If anybody knows of any good places close to Columbus, I would like the names of those too! Have a good one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
291 Posts
Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 5 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 50% of light in.
Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
958 Posts
in my city (harrisburg, PA) tint is not allowed what so ever.. i talked to the tint guy he has at least 2 or 3 customer that comes in that get citations to get the tint removed.. so i'm not going to do any tint till i move back to the big city.. philly.... most places i've read however says 35% is good all around.. but there's so much web sites that says differently.. you might want to talk to the tint guy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
370 Posts
Sounds like no one here is from california, tint laws along with many many others are stricter here. My friend got cited for having his front two windows tinted, which was done while he was in Florida. But apparently in California you cannot have your front two windows tinted what so ever, even if slightly.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top