Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a gift cert for sweetest day from my boyfriend and got my windows tinted this past sat. i have few questions for you all....

Is it necessary to wait five days before you could roll down ur windows?
Wait 30 days before washing your windows?
The rubber strip on the inside bottom window ledge, is that supposed to be resting againtst the glass?
shouldnt the tinter be cleaning up any water spots from tinting? i got nasty water spots and smears all over my doors and windows (cant clean the window for 30 days!!)

I noticed when i got my car back the rubber was not resting against the window as it was before on both doors. I thought it was strange! Or maybe i just never paid any attention to that rubber before i took it in to get tinted.

then today on my way home from work, i accidently rolled down the window on impulse. while it was rolled down, the window was shaking (highway speed) and it never did that before. i took my fingers to the windows to physically move the window, it will move back and forth....i am like WTF!!! starting to get pissed at this point and rolled the window back up. no damage done since i was not supposed to roll my windows down for 5 days. today is day 3 so i got until wed to actually roll down the windows. i cant go complain yet bc they will know that i rolled down the window early.
done with my bitchin!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hey Liz... they probably didn't pull up both sets of rubbers. That maybe why your window was shaking. Same thing happened to me. You need to bring it back to the tinters and tell them your baby has dual rubbers or 2 rubbers for each window. S/He probably pulled up the first set but maybe not the second set beneath it... but then again... s/he may not have pulled it up at all since you said it looks different.

Forgot to add... don't roll down your window all the way. Just try a little part of each window and see if its still shaking. If it is... roll it back up and don't roll it down until the tinters look at it. You can tear your rubbers rolling it up and down.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BC of what i read on here in this forum, i warned my tinter about the two sets of rubber. He said he already knew bc he's done other tC's. if they pull both sets of rubbers back to fix it, will the top one move back resting against the glass? bc i can stick my finger down between the glass and rubber strip, isnt the rubber supposed to be touching the window?
Do they actually pull the door panels off to do the window tinting?

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
^^^ Wierd... maybe they didn't pull the rubbers up?? U shouldn't have the gap between the rubber and the window. It should be flush up against the window.

Some tinters will pull the door panels open... but most will not. I donno what to say... maybe you can take a pic with a digicam and post it for us to see...??

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by imasaf@Oct 25 2004, 03:08 PM
Forgot to add... don't roll down your window all the way. Just try a little part of each window and see if its still shaking. If it is... roll it back up and don't roll it down until the tinters look at it. You can tear your rubbers rolling it up and down.
after i put up my first post about this, i decided to go out test the passenger side window just letting it down about two inches then roll it back up. it made a screeching and as it was completly closing it made a pop noise which scared me, it sounded like something broke.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
digi cam cant really see the seperation between the glass and rubber strip....sorry i already tried and you cant really tell just by the picture.
I guess i will wait until wed to take it back to the shop. i just spoke with
my brother and he said he hated that shop anyway! he had his windows tinted yellow on his integra and they failed to inform him that yellow or red tints are illegel in ohio so he got a fix it ticket shortly after getting it done. they left a watery smear mess behind when he went to pick up his car too.

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
the tint's on the inside by the way. u can clean the outside just as normally would.

·
Registered
299 Posts
the inside? interesting....

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
yup when tint is applied its done on sheets that applied to inside of the window... now tinted glass is different its naturally, well ... tinted lol. tint would not last being subject the the enironment if it were applied outside. it would scratch and be more of a pain then anything

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Originally posted by bizzyliz@Oct 25 2004, 02:03 PM
I got a gift cert for sweetest day from my boyfriend and got my windows tinted this past sat. i have few questions for you all....
^^^^ I'm guessn' it's the name of the tint place

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
haha no its a hallmark holiday to sell more cars

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sweetest day is another version of valentines day to keep our men on a straight line!

Update: i went back to get them to check it out. the guy said all the tinters were gone for the day (this was at 530 and they close at 7) and to come back between 10-4 the next day. i told him that my windows wont roll up and he said there was nothing he could do about it bc he dont know how to do windows or tinting or anything. keep in mind this is the owner i was speaking to.
i told the jerk that my window wont roll up and i have a job from 8-5 and i cannot come up between 10-4 and it was supposed to rain! the jerk started calling around to find someone to come out get my windows up. someone came out to get it up but did not get the rubbers set right. Then i came back the next day and had the orginal tinter to fix the rubber strips and scratched my tints in the process. they refuse to retint my windows and wanted me to pay them $40 bucks to retint. i was about the go off on them but my boyfriend is going to handle it today, waiting to hear from him about it. i would not recommend Auto Customs of Cincinnati to ANYONE! they were being a jerk to me about rolling my windows down one day early. i told them even if i waited five days i would still be having the same problem. grrrrr!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
ouch.. that sucks.. hope my tinters aren't like that...

·
Registered
15,001 Posts
haha what sucks is if u have men that u have to keep in a straight line
my gf and i didnt mess with it cough!cough!hallmark! cough! lol...nice gift though! ohhhh damn, sounds like you got a real ####### on your hands at the tint place

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by Ericgladden55@Oct 28 2004, 10:32 AM
haha what sucks is if u have men that u have to keep in a straight line
my gf and i didnt mess with it cough!cough!hallmark! cough! lol...nice gift though! ohhhh damn, sounds like you got a real ####### on your hands at the tint place
its not that i get him whipped or anything, they (men) are clueless and sometimes we gals just got to train them. we are the queen of their universe! lol.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.