Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get my windows tinted, but have seen many "show car type" tc's without window tint and actually think they look pretty clean without the tint. I guess my question is do you think the tint looks good or is it better to leave windows without for that "cleaner" look. I always thought tint was the way to go but seeing so many without is giving me second thoughts. Your opinions are appreciated!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
i'm definately getting it. my best friend is on me sumthing awful about not having tint. talking about how slick it would be. then on top of that a 50 year old guy got on me about not having tint. [email protected], is it that bad? random people dissapointed with me for being slow to darken windows?

it helps alot in VA tho. the sun can be unforgiving.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I love the way my tint looks, but I hate the way that I can't see out my windows at night. I'm also not a big fan of the fact that I could get a ticket at any time. There are upsides and downsides to everything.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
^^^ True dat. I havne't gotten mine tinted yet, but I plan on it. I think in VA the limits are 50% on front side windows and 35% elsewhere. I'll probably just get 35% all around. I'll talk to my uncle first, who's a polce officer.. and see what he thinks about going 35% instead of 50% on the front sides.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
I had 32 all around which is the darkest tint you could do legally. At night, sure it seems dark enough, but it seems too transparent during the day for me.

It feels weird to know that someone is staring at you in some car tinted at 5-20% and can see you while you can't see @#$%.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
I have 20% (actually, I think it's darker than that), and people can still see me. You'd have to get something like 5% or 10% for people not to be able to see you.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
It's not I don't want them to see me at all. I might as well put up a mirror then. but the fact that it wouldn't be as easy as glancing over, doing a doubletake and give a strange stare.... *shudder*

·
Registered
224 Posts
I love my tint but like everyone else said it is a little hard to see out the back at night... but again: personal preference .. if you are into it or not into it don't let others sway your opinion I mean after all you have to drive it ;P

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Living in Miaim, im def. gettin my tint done. It gets way to hott here and the tint helps ALOT with how hott the car gets. So im getting it done in a week or to before the weather starts to suck.

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
It's snowing tonight in northern Alabama. It never snows down here in southern AL

But I doubt there's a film on the stock glass... so I'm def getting a tint JUST for that reason. Shattered glass shards aren't fun to play with.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.