Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I've had my car for three days now and one of the window switches has never worked (I noticed it the day after I bought the car). On the driver's side there are two window switches; one for the driver's window and one for the passenger's. The driver's switch works perfect, but the passenger switch does NOTHING. I can use the switch on the passenger side and the window will go up and down just fine (there's no "one-touch" on the passenger window switch on the passenger side?). I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but it's strange for something like this to just not work on a brand new car. It isn't a HUGE deal so I'm just going to wait until I go in for my first free oil change to get it fixed.

Comments?

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I found the thread and tried the trick, but it didn't do anything.

EDIT - Nevermind, I misread the instructions the first time. The switch works perfect now.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Aug 1 2004, 07:45 AM
Well I found the thread and tried the trick, but it didn't do anything.
Well, thats not good! I HATE having little things go wrong with a new car. My car is rattling like my Ford used to, and its pissing me off......but I refuse to take it to the dealer because I dont have another car to drive around!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You must have posted as I was editing...

"EDIT - Nevermind, I misread the instructions the first time. The switch works perfect now."

Has yours rattled ever since you bought it? Right now mine has NO rattling, but I havent' put 200 miles on it yet.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Aug 1 2004, 07:58 AM
You must have posted as I was editing...

"EDIT - Nevermind, I misread the instructions the first time. The switch works perfect now."

Has yours rattled ever since you bought it? Right now mine has NO rattling, but I havent' put 200 miles on it yet.
no it was tight at first. You will (hopefully not though) notice the rattles tart around the 500 mile mark. Im now at about 1600 miles and its really pissing me off

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Aug 1 2004, 08:23 AM
Is it just the top rattling?
no, the top is fine.......its the back hatch OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG its probably the most annoying thing ever , no joke!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Aug 1 2004, 08:40 AM
yikes. Is the hatch a common problem? I haven't heard that before.
its starting to surface in many of the cars that were production numbers 4000 and below on AVERAGE.

·
Registered
409 Posts
ooo, this problem freaked me out when i first got my car. I called the dealership and this is what they told me.

1. Put all ur windows up. then Roll down your passenger window all the way down
2. Then roll them all the way up on ur passenger side.
3. Now go to your Drivers side and use ur passenger window and it should work

He told me that since my car was only driven pretty much by me, that the window's had not been set and that was how you set them. I'm pretty sure how you set them.

If it doesn't work. Tell me and ill try to remember something else, but I'm pretty sure thats how you get your window switch to work

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Aug 1 2004, 09:12 AM
That's not good, tCrazy. Mine is #1797
I know, so....just be prepared for it
Honestly I will end up at the dealer for it eventually but i dont want to be their guineau pig for the fix, i want them to know what the fix is already.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by Zygote55@Aug 1 2004, 09:12 AM
That's not good, tCrazy. Mine is #1797
how do you know the production number for your tC's???
mine hasnt come in yet...should be here by tues or they gonna let me drive the XB until it does. I am not driving that boxy thing! lol

Liz

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by bizzyliz+Aug 1 2004, 11:49 AM-->QUOTE (bizzyliz @ Aug 1 2004, 11:49 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Zygote55
@Aug 1 2004, 09:12 AM
That's not good, tCrazy.  Mine is #1797
how do you know the production number for your tC's???
mine hasnt come in yet...should be here by tues or they gonna let me drive the XB until it does. I am not driving that boxy thing! lol

Liz [/b]
if you have your vin# already........ its the last 6 digits so if you are 010000 you would have the 10,000th scion produced.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by bizzyliz@Aug 1 2004, 01:27 PM
thanks tcrazy...mine is 9775.
cool!
at this point I believe that the higher the build number.....the less problematic each persons's TC will be.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tCrazy...when I was going through the finance stage at the dealership the guy said several times that the warrenty "does not cover squeeks and rattles." Will the dealer fix a rattling sunroof or hatch for free?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts