Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now before anyone starts telling me to Google it, I have already read SEVERAL threads on different forums about this problem and my passenger window still isn't working correctly. Here's my situation:

I took my car to the shop to have the passenger door fixed (big dent, some scratches), so they decided that they couldn't replace only the door panel so they replaced the entire door. Everything else in my car is perfectly fine. I did notice that I had to reprogram the sunroof; which actually worked amazingly. My passenger window isn't working correctly though. Everything indicates that it simply needs to be reprogrammed, HOWEVER the shop did take it to the dealership down the street who said the switch was defective.

Anyways here are the symptoms:
-Driver's side, driver switch: fully functional, auto up, auto down, led constant on
-Driver's side, passenger switch: not functional at all, nothing, no control, led constant on
-Passenger's side, passenger switch: first click down will open window w/o auto, second click down is no different, no auto down on second click, first click up does nothing, second click up will close window w/o auto up, led flashing

I've tried opening the windows, closing them, holding the buttons, and quite a few combinations of the above. Maybe I'm missing something or I'm just plain stupid
... anyways, could someone with experience with this problem please describe to me with as much detail as you can remember, how to fix this problem.

I've already read http://www.yoursciontc.com/information/how...window_fix.html and instructions in threads here and on scionlife several times. Questions I have:

Do I do passenger door or driver door first or simultaneously?
Do i open it with first or second click? close with first or second click? hold the switch with first or second click?
Does the car need to be idling or just on, or maybe engine shut off but key on the On position?
Does it matter if the doors are open?

Any other little details would be great. I'd rather fix this myself than wait 3 weeks for them to replace the switch, which will probably need to be reprogrammed, whether or not the dealership knows how to or not.

EDIT: btw, as i was playing around with it, i noticed that if i hold the passenger window on the first click down or the second click up (both states where it either opens or closes the window) and at the same time, i use the first click for the passenger window on the driver's side, the operation (up or down) stops, not sure if this is relevant or anything but i guess it does indicate that my the switch is functional.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey man i actually had the same problem after getting my alarm installed. the guys fixed it but i got in an accident the day after. today i just got my car back from the bodyshop and the window problem came up again. my problem was exactly how you described it:

driver side, driver switch: fully functional, auto up, auto down
driver side, passenger switch: no function
passgener side, passenger swtich: first click down rolls window down, second click rolls window down but auto function is absent. first click up no function, second click up, rolls up but auto function is absent.

i put the car in the on position (no need to start it) and then i pressed the driver side, driver switch al the way down to roll the driver window down to a little under halfway and passgener side, passenger swtich all the way down to a little under halfway. let it sit for a couple seconds then i rolled them both up with the same switches, pulling all the way up on the switch. hold it there for about two or three seconds. bingo. the windows work like a charm.

let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey i also noticed you said something about reprogramming your sunroof. when i got my car back from the alarm installers, i noticed that my sunroof no longer had an automatic function and it didn't stop at the 3/4 mark everytime i open/close it. is this something i can fix as easily as the windows and if so would you mind explaining it to me?

edit: actually i just went back out to give it a try and i guess when i fixed the windows, the sunroof also returned back to its factory state.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey thanks for the advice, it didn't seem to work for me. i guess i'm pretty convinced that the dealership was right, faulty switch or something. i'll just wait and get it taken care of.

if the sunroof thing ever happens again, all i did was open it fully holding the button down after it was open for a few seconds, then closed it holding the button down after it closed for a few seconds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.