Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was interested in buying a wind splitter and i faintly recall seeing a picture or to way back with tc's sporting them. Ive searched around and came up short. Anybody know where to buy them or if they even make them for the tc? Thanks

·
Registered
281 Posts
why? goin to the salt flats anytime soon? guess you have a reflashed ecu so you can go ovr 127mhp and actually use them?
im sorry but they are DEFINATELY race inspired cosmetic enhancements. and you can get them at pep boys for $20

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, my car is not at all riced. I just liked the way it looked. But I did find them and im def. not paying 260 to 300 for a piece of plastic that looks cool.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok this thread is completely off but w.e. I wana buy the turbonetics kit but im a bit of a new when it comes to tuning.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Click here

I am pretty confident that someone with half of a brain can build one. I have not attempted this yet., SO DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS. This is how I am going to go about making one.

Get some cardboard and make a template. Trace it onto a sheet of stryrene or abs plastic, cut it out and cover it in mold release. lay up some scraps of carbon fiber weave or fiberglass on the top of the abs template to create your core. Once the core has cured pull it off the abs and sand it into the desired smooth shape.(wear a respirator or at least a really good dust mask) Lay your top sheet of carbon over the core. Once it cures sand lightly (400 grit +) and spray with a clear coat. For the reinforcement rods you can either order them from APR at 55 a pair or create your own with some stainless hardware from McMaster-Carr. I would personally go for the APR wid splitter reinforcemnet rods. The look nice and if you dont have machine tools readilly available the are a good solution.

Again this is only theoretical. I have not made one of these yet. I was thinking about it when I first got my car. I am not sure if I will be making one in the future.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Originally posted by moriarty@Feb 6 2006, 10:50 PM
from a performance perpective? does the scion tC actually need those to keep the front end on the ground? probably not.
I do not think that you would feel a difference until you are going fast enough to get arrested oon public roads. I think the wind splitter is a little too small to do much at legal highway speeds. But this is all speculation because I don't think any of us have a wind tunnel to test this. I like the way it looks, but it is R.I.C.E. in the purest definition, race inspired cosmetic enhancement.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.