Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
The kit part number 140-9013 is for the front only. The rear requires a different arrangement as to be compatible with the e-brake. Wilwood only makes a kit for the front; if you want a kit for the rear, it needs to be custom-made. Precision Brakes Company should have a design already done if you're interested, since they already did the design work (for me). They're not done fabbing the actual kit for me yet though.

Btw I have more shots of my car with the front brake kit from Wilwood that I will be posting later today once I'm done cleaning them up--the Wilwood kit fits the stock 17" wheels!

-Ed

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Well that depends a lot on the offset and width of the 19" wheels as well as the width of the tires. If you do, say, 19x8, +45 offset with 225/35ZR19 (is that an available size?) tires and the spokes clear the brakes, you should be okay without rubbing, especially at stock ride height. If you lower the car, it will be very close, probably occasional rubbing. I don't know if they make 19x7.5, but if they do, with a +45mm offset and 215/35ZR19 tires (do they make such a size?), you won't rub. Either way, the ride will be affected in a bad way by the low profile tires and you're risking a bent rim on your wheels, but that's your call. 19s also tend ot be heavy, and the 18x8.5s I had on my car a small while ruined the way the car drove (not even counting the rubbing problems).

-Ed

EDIT PS those 18x8.5s were +40 offset, which did not help matters, but they had a hude like 12mm gap between the spokes and the calipers, so it was definitely overkill. This is most likely a combination of the +5mm lower offset as well as the huge 8.5" width.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
There's always 18x7.5" wheels or other 17" wheels; it's a cheaper solution that will weigh less and still look great. Honestly, if you consider the fact that the stock wheels, which are 17" with a tight +45mm offset and straight spokes can clear the brakes, you should be able to find a wheel that works without issue quite easily, but you'll have to stick to tighter offset, narrower wheels. I just ordered a set of 17x7.0 wheels with +35mm offset that I will be trying on next week on Wednesday evening. I'll definitely post on if they fit ot not (obviously if I ahve fitment issues, I won't have the wheels-if they fit fine, I'm keeping them). If 17x7.0 +35mm offset works fine, then so would 17x8.0 +45 or 17x7.5 +40. The design of the spokes is more important, if anything, since not all +45mm wheels will clear (most will though, given the stock wheels do!), but just about any +35mm wheel or even +40mm wheel should clear the calipers. Remember the brakes push the wheels out though, so the end result is a lower offset (take +45mm wheels, push them out 5mm, you suddenly have +40mm offset compared to before).

-Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.