Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my ongoing search to buy a system that will be to my suiting, and after wasting money on MaAudio orders, i think im going to go with Alpine, Elemental Design, or Adire. Anyway, this is the setup i was thinking about using, does anyone want to shed some light into this. i want to do a full plexiglass front of the box, and let the subs be shown thru. I am in the hopes of putting two 8's on the sides and 2 12's in the middle. along with that, the amps will most likely be mounted on the top as shown. does anyone think i should make the plexiglass "showcase" basically, or make them another way? any suggestions with reasonable explanations would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
What will the innards of the box look like? Separate enclosures for each individual driver, I assume... have you figured out your airspaces?

I'm not big on mounting the amps right to the top of the box-- but that's just a personal thing.

I'd like to see more complex angles: have the front facing side of the box reach to the top of the seatbacks, and slope down toward the rear, where the subs are... which makes me think: will a 12" fit standing straight up back there?

I'd be carving up a refrigerator box for the mock-up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ditto about sub sizes, unless there playing different ranges, Say your 8's playing down to 50hz, then the 12's on down from 50 hz, but that would ruin any sort of frontal image.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.