Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just so you know I am only 17 and this is my first car. I read everything and I found that the Bolt Pattern is 5x100, the offset range is 35-48, and that the wheel size range is 16x6.5 to 20x8.

So knowing that I found rims that measured 5x100 - 5x4.5/114.3 for the bolt pattern with a 37 mm offset. I also saw the same rims that measured 5x100 - 5x4.5/114.3 for the bolt pattern with a 45 mm offset.

Will either of these fit the TC? (if so which ones)?

Which is better if they both fit and why?

What is OEM tire size?- I read that somewhere.

What time size would you recommend? I thought 225/40/18 sounded good but i don't really know what I am talking about

Thanks for the help.

·
In George I Trust
7,717 Posts
Yes. Both will fit. You'd be better off with the +45 offset since that is the stock offset.

Bolt Pattern: 5x100
Stock rim size: 17"

I can't remember width. I think it's 7".... I do know the stock tire size. 215/45/17

Now, depending on how wide the rim is you are going for, can also affect how wide of a tire you plan on putting on the rim.

As far as the stocker rims go, you can fit a 225 wide tire on there. The profile you can go as low as the tire manufacturer will make that specific tire. In this case you said 40, that pretty appropriate. And it will fit on a 17" rim.

Go ahead and ask more questions, I'm sure you have them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The rim is 18x8. I want to have the wheel to last a good amount of time but I also like them thin thats why I liked the 225. But what would you recommend? I am really new to all of this. Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My rims are 18x8 and I have them wrapped in a set of Toyo Proxes 4 at 225/45/18. I am dropped n TRD Springs and the wheels sits perfectly in the dimension of the wheel well. I've never had any rubbing or any problems going over speed bumps or pot holes, not to mention it looks sexy as hell!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (silver05tC @ Jul 15 2008, 12:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=411572
My rims are 18x8 and I have them wrapped in a set of Toyo Proxes 4 at 225/45/18. I am dropped n TRD Springs and the wheels sits perfectly in the dimension of the wheel well. I've never had any rubbing or any problems going over speed bumps or pot holes, not to mention it looks sexy as hell![/b]
The TRD is the springs the dealer gives as an option right? I should also mention I don't actually have the car in my posetion yet, I will have it in my hands in the middle of august

·
In George I Trust
7,717 Posts
It's not a problem. I'm no expert on wheels; thats EddNog, but I know enough to know what I'm saying too.

Now, as far as the rims you picked out.... Sorry to say but an 18x8 is extremely wide for our car with that size of rim. You'll experience rubbing of all forms. And wrapping a 225 around that 8" wide rim is going to give that rubber band stance on the tire. Not sure if you like that, but that's pushing the tires limit.

If you went with an 18x7 or 7.5, that would be a good size.

As far as the offset for an 18" rim..... I'm honestly not too sure which of the offsets you mentioned would be optimal. Safest is the +45.

QUOTE (silver05tC @ Jul 15 2008, 12:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=411572
My rims are 18x8 and I have them wrapped in a set of Toyo Proxes 4 at 225/45/18. I am dropped n TRD Springs and the wheels sits perfectly in the dimension of the wheel well. I've never had any rubbing or any problems going over speed bumps or pot holes, not to mention it looks sexy as hell![/b]
I stand corrected.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah the dealer has it as an option when you buy it, but you can buy them cheaper online and get them installed elsewhere or do it yourself for much much cheaper. The drop is about 1.25"-1.4" all around. I don't have pictures of my car with the drop yet, but you can see the rims and tires if you check out my profile and find my topic in the members pictures area. I'll get her cleaned up n take some pictures of some new mods pretty soon though. What rims are you looking at getting?

tCTech, I jsut checked online and my rims are 18X7.5, my mistake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
18x8 Tenzo Type-M Version 2 Matte Black Racing Wheels

Here is the link to the site I will be getting them off of: http://www.elementwheels.com/products.asp?cat=2350

And the body will be black as well. And I am getting the bigger spoiler the dealer gives as an option.

Even though this is in the wrong spot I figure I will ask anyway. How is insurance for this car? It is considered a sports car right?

·
In George I Trust
7,717 Posts

Lets go back to my last post. You'll be better off with a 18x7.5. And with a 225 tire.... That's streching that baby out like .....

Anyway, as far as insurance goes. It's not a sports car. What 4 cylinder car do you know of that is registered as a sports car? My insurance has it registered as a coupe. Some companies register it as an econo car. Insurance is cheap though. So no sweat there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
QUOTE (Rythmx27 @ Jul 15 2008, 03:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=411580

Here is the link to the site I will be getting them off of: http://www.elementwheels.com/products.asp?cat=2350

And the body will be black as well. And I am getting the bigger spoiler the dealer gives as an option.

Even though this is in the wrong spot I figure I will ask anyway. How is insurance for this car? It is considered a sports car right?[/b]

Those are some pretty sweet wheels, should look sick with the BSP exterior!

I don't think the car is classified as a sports car, but insurance varies depending on your record and the comany you use, obviously. It isn't very expensive though since it isn't a sports car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (tCTech @ Jul 15 2008, 12:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=411581

Lets go back to my last post. You'll be better off with a 18x7.5. And with a 225 tire.... That's streching that baby out like .....

Anyway, as far as insurance goes. It's not a sports car. What 4 cylinder car do you know of that is registered as a sports car? My insurance has it registered as a coupe. Some companies register it as an econo car. Insurance is cheap though. So no sweat there.[/b]
Lotus Elise...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (silver05tC @ Jul 15 2008, 12:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=411583
QUOTE (Rythmx27 @ Jul 15 2008, 03:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=411580

Even though this is in the wrong spot I figure I will ask anyway. How is insurance for this car? It is considered a sports car right?[/b]

Those are some pretty sweet wheels, should look sick with the BSP exterior!

I don't think the car is classified as a sports car, but insurance varies depending on your record and the comany you use, obviously. It isn't very expensive though since it isn't a sports car.
[/b][/quote]

Yea I know but I am worried about rub and 17" rims are way to small for me

·
In George I Trust
7,717 Posts
QUOTE (Rythmx27 @ Jul 15 2008, 12:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=411584
QUOTE (tCTech @ Jul 15 2008, 12:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=411581

Anyway, as far as insurance goes. It's not a sports car. What 4 cylinder car do you know of that is registered as a sports car? My insurance has it registered as a coupe. Some companies register it as an econo car. Insurance is cheap though. So no sweat there.[/b]
Lotus Elise...
[/b][/quote]
hahaha. Touche good sir. Touche.

Regardless of what I just said though about the 4 cylinder question. This car is no sports car. She's a pig and is by no means sports car material in stock form.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Find something of the similar style that's 18X7 or 18X7.5. Mine are 18X7.5 and I'm dropped and I've never rubbed. There are soooo many different rims out there, there is bound to be something very similar to that style, in black, that is 18X7.5 that you can fit a 225/45/18 tire on.

·
Premium Member
16,504 Posts
with +37 offset you will rub if you try to put a 245 tires on there. If you want a x8 rim then you need to find one with the proper offset. See the chart pinned at the top of this topic.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts