Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a generic brand amp and sub at best buy during the black friday sales and I was wondering how I would plug it into the stock ipod capable deck? Any help would be nice, im a newb at this.

·
Registered
197 Posts
read the sticky at the top of the page, you can get the and-n-amp harness from alpman and the rest of the wires anywhere else.

·
Registered
847 Posts
you need a sub kit... alpman makes them, and you can find them on ebay for aound $70 if you can find it... basically it takes the OEM speaker fitment and splices 2 RCA jacks on it... expect to spend a lot more if you get that kit through whoever installs your system...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, is there any pics of the harness? I found a couple of threads talking about a harness but I'm not sure which is the best option for me. I just want a cheap set up as you can see alreadywith my generic subs and amp. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Cheap = sounds like crap

The harness is plug and play, it will plug into the stock connectors and provide the appropriate RCAs for the amp so you dont have to use high level inputs which often result in noise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.