Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have my rim meet the edge of the fender. Stock rims "tuck in" and look weak. What withs /offset meets that requirement. I believe we should stick to a +35 offset, so will an 8 inch wide fit and do what I want it to do . I don't plan to drop much. Probably run TRD set up with 18" rims

·
Registered
160 Posts
Couldn't you just put spacers to bring the wheel out more? I know my friend got a kit for his tibby, and the wheels were tucked in so he got spacers to make it flush with the kit

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
That will push the rims out a bit, and it will work just fine.

·
Registered
742 Posts
8" wide and +35 offset is about perfect.

I have my rear camber set near verticle for some handling testing and I get a bit of rub but my car is fairly low. If I dial in -1 to -1.5 degrees negative camber they should not rub at all, probably the best setting for most situations.

Rick

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
My rims are 18x8"s with a +35 offset. It brings it right to the edge of the fender wells. And with it lowered it looks nice. I do get an occasional rub on the fender edges when doing aggressive driving, as I found out doing the Tail of the Dragon last month.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Need more negative camber. It will make the car corner much better too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.