Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is obviously a bit of a strange question, however i'm genuinely curious if the headlights from an 05/06/07 will fit on my 2009. the physical shape is the same, however i wonder if the hardware to mount them will line up. the projection lenses on the 09 are rather weak and i was going to try this swap so i can go back to having low beams with reflector housings which the first 3 model years had (they switched to projection in 2008). thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pretty sure they fit. Have you tried aiming your lights? Just got my 2010 and noticed the lows are aimed way too high. I live out in a rural area so the more light I can get, the better. After aiming them I think they’ll be sufficient. Just gotta put in a new power steering pump before I can test them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes they will. I had 08 projectors in my 06 when I had it and just installed them in my girlfriend's 05. Before getting older style headlights, try a HID kit in 5000K-5500K. Projectors are made for HID and you don't get the awful glare like you would with them in a reflector housing. Aim them correctly and you will not be disappointed.

The Retrofit Source has some of the best kits on the market, but they're pricey. DDM tuning can be hit or miss, but I've never had any problems with their HID kits. My girlfriend has been running them for almost a year now with no problems. HIDs in those projectors are seriously a night and day difference.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts