Scion tC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Monday when I was picking up my 91' Cressida at the Toyota dealership, I saw an old guy driving a tC. When I mean old he was at least 45-50 years old. The bad thing is he sees me in my tC (I'm 20) and proceeds to give us the middle finger.
Me and my friend look at each other wondering the fact that this old man gave us the middle finger.
Later that day I had to pick up my friends Camry at the same dealership and I park my tC on the boarder where new cars are seperated from customer parking. When I come back a group of sales guys are right next to my car with customers pointing out all the finer details of the car. I see the group of people and decide to use the bathroom while the group disapates. I come back about ten minutes later after using the bathroom and ordering some parts and walk to my car and find that they have put a f***ing sticker on i that says 'Alexandria Scion'. I move my car and march in the showroom shouting who in the world put a sticker on the Scion tC. After thirty minutes of talking they take off the sticker and give me a free set of floor/cargo matts
but they also ask me if I'm willing to drop off my car to be used a their demo for the next couple of days.

I say no and leave without another word.

Isn't that Wierd.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Hahaha... thats funny man... did they think your car was theirs??? Stupid dealers.... I would be pissed too... at least they gave you a set of cargo mats...

When I had my car at the dealers... ppl started to look at my car instead of the demo car. I was nice cause the dealer was not there yet so I let the ppl look at the inside cause the demo car was locked.... later on I found out they thought my car was the demo and that I was the dealer... hahahaha... thats funny too.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
wtf? that is some weird stuff!! What dealer in their right mind puts a sticker on someone's car w/out their permission?!? I can't imagine what I'd do... probably be one of those black out moments where you come to in the back of a police car

as for the guy flipping the bird... I have no idea...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
That's so funny...

When I picked my car up from the dealership, one of the salespeople was showing my car to another girl (from the outside only, of course) as I was filling out the paperwork...I kept looking up and wanting to go out there and say, "Get the hell away from MY car, #*@%@!"

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
thats really bizarre, didn't they see your plates on the car?? Oh, and about the old guy flipping you the bird, (and i don't mean to jack the thread), I was in NYC once and was crossing the street with my girlfriend, as an old lady creeped by, she must have been over 70, with gray hair and a wee little hat, and she flipped us the bird as she slowly drove by in an 80's something buick. I burst out laughing, it was hillarious, and very strange. And hey, at least you got free mats out of them, thats awesome.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by Eric+Aug 18 2004, 08:40 AM-->QUOTE (Eric @ Aug 18 2004, 08:40 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-imasaf
@Aug 18 2004, 08:34 AM
later on I found out they thought my car was the demo and that I was the dealer... hahahaha... thats funny too.
you should have started taking deposits
LOL
[/b]
Well the dealership is actually looking for another scion guy/gal... hahaha... I told my sales guy they should just hire me since I'm there like every week for something or another....

But then again... I won't have any time to take a second job when my school starts... maybe in another life...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah I'd let them use it as a demo if they gave me more free options. Since they're supposed to always have one at the dealership, they might have been desperate and done a little "pimp my ride" action in return. You just have to worry about people driving your car...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Originally posted by topworm@Aug 18 2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah I'd let them use it as a demo if they gave me more free options. Since they're supposed to always have one at the dealership, they might have been desperate and done a little "pimp my ride" action in return. You just have to worry about people driving your car...
Hmm... you're courageous. I would freak out if they used my car as demo... unless I was there the entire time watching everyone. At least you'll get some freebees out of it...
I would worry too much to even consider it. Now if they put the car on one of those spinning thingofmagiggy and not let ppl touch it... thats another question...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Originally posted by Eric+Aug 18 2004, 11:40 AM-->QUOTE (Eric @ Aug 18 2004, 11:40 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-imasaf
@Aug 18 2004, 08:34 AM
later on I found out they thought my car was the demo and that I was the dealer... hahahaha... thats funny too.
you should have started taking deposits
LOL
[/b]
wow.. what a crazy dealer.. sales people for ya.. lol

after reading all this crazy dealer stuff I've become paranoid with the dealer i've been working with to get my tC.. They have been professional.. walked in one day and my salesman was talking to a customer about the tC and when asked if they had any he could look at.. The salesman said "sorry we don't have any right now.. but a truck is coming thursday or friday".. I just smiled since mine was sitting outback in the "sold row".. yeah they don't have any to look at, since it's sold..

about the deposit.. I agree with eric.. charge admission like an amusement park ride.. like cedar point or 6 flags.. hehehe..

the old person? I was leaving my apartment and this old guy gets in front of me.. going 25-35-20-10-35.. i had enough so i go to pass him.. yet i am not passing him.. I look down i am doing 50! OUCH.. yeah thankfully no cops around.. finally I cut him off and another person comes up behind him.. stops in the middle of the road, rolls down his window to shake his fist at the person driving behind him! And then he tried to block the guy from going around him.. sheesh.. I'm telling ya some of the older people need to be re-tested for their drivers license! They think that 16 year olds cause all the accidents? ever heard about the old guy in san diego that drove over all those people in the outdoor market? crazy..
you should be happy he didn't try to hit your tC.. i've said it before and i'll say it again.. crazy people out there..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry Pete, when I hear or think Scion I think twenty-something. But I understand the great value that Scion has put into the tC, and I know that the value attracts smart educated consumers such as yourself. Even though Toyota's/Scion's target audience are young buyers who are just getting into the car purchasing game.

Forgot something: The sales manager at the Toyota dearlership called me personally and offered me three gift certificates good for oil and filter changes. He said the guy who put the sticker on my car was new and thought that I just bought the car and somehow escaped the dealers tagging.

·
Registered
116 Posts
On behalf of all stupid old people, I would like to apologize to you for the rude conduct of us oldtimers. I would like to think that teaching high school kids has kept my mindset a bit younger than most my age. I hope to die immature. Remember that ignorance knows no age...

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
On behalf of all males 16-29 (hey, if I'm going to get grouped with them for insurance and other stereotyping purposes, I can speak for them, too), I want to apologize for the utter stupidity and discourteousness of most of us. Seriously, we suck.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts