Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know what it is..but almost everytime i get out of my tC there is like a faint burning smell. I dont think it's the clutch because that smells terrible i know from when my friend burnt his clutch when he was stuck on a hill...STINKY!, it's more of a like brakish smell...could it be from the brakes? or am i possibly shifting wrong?

I dont drive much either, i have had my car 11 months and only have 6600.

Any thoughts of what it could be?

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
could your e-brake be stuck?

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
Why? If the shoes are stuck it would have nothing to do with the light being on. The light switch is on the handle, not the brake itself.

Still, I kind of doubt it's the brake. That smell is unmistakable.

I have occasionally noticed a burning plastic smell from the wife's car when getting out, but I've never been able to find anything that would make that kind of smell.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Is it rotten egg smell? or Maybe you ran over something

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by lo bux racer@Sep 4 2005, 12:22 PM
Why? If the shoes are stuck it would have nothing to do with the light being on. The light switch is on the handle, not the brake itself.

Still, I kind of doubt it's the brake. That smell is unmistakable.

I have occasionally noticed a burning plastic smell from the wife's car when getting out, but I've never been able to find anything that would make that kind of smell.
yeah it's something like a burning rubber or plastic...something like that!

And it doesnt smell like rotten eggs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.