Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it comes it goes I don't know WTF it is. I don't drive my car much, i have 05 tC with only 8K on it and it's a year old bought it in october 04. And ever since the day i bought it...it smells wierd! like after i park or if i am sitting at an idle with the vent on. You smell this faint burning smell, it's wierd...almost like rubber but no.
I am getting kinda worried or if i should even be worried about it i dont know. Anyone else experiancing this in their 5speed tC?

Some people say it might be beacuse you brake hard, which i do sometimes, and some people say it might be the clutch, Sometimes i do mess up while driving other then that the shifts are perfect and there is no bucking during shifts. Also the grab point hasnt changed in the year i have had the car..just in case you were wondering.

WHAT COULD IT BE??

·
Registered
847 Posts
good question... i noticed a similar smell, but only when i have the heater on for a while (it gets cold in the desert after the sun sets), but i think my smell is caused by the heater coils or whatever the system uses to heat the air...

your smell could be coming from a belt that is getting caught somewhere and dragging/rubbing against something or something in the air cooling system itself... id have it checked just to be sure its not something toxic...

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I've been turning my heat on a bunch lately... Don't smell anything. But then again, my nose isn't that great... my sense of smell is fairly poor.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I would take it to the dealer and have them try to find it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah....it's wierd im telling ya..just on my way home it was fine..GO FIGURE! o well haa...

I just ordered me a TWM Short Shifter Stage 2. So i will be playing with that for a while..so no time for smelling

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Originally posted by Wobbit45@Nov 9 2005, 10:33 PM
yeah....it's wierd im telling ya..just on my way home it was fine..GO FIGURE! o well haa...

I just ordered me a TWM Short Shifter Stage 2. So i will be playing with that for a while..so no time for smelling
the shifter grease smell skinda good
haah

·
Registered
539 Posts
Originally posted by josurr@Nov 9 2005, 04:16 PM
i noticed that smell today while i was driving with the vent on cold... wierd...
howcome people keep spelling "WEIRD"___wierd...hehe sorry its random...I just had to say it

·
Registered
166 Posts
It actually might be the brakes burning/smell coming in through the vents...That's probably the only thing on the TC I have not liked since day one. Sometimes it does seem like I have to push down hard on the brakes to get the thing to want to stop rolling...even when driving slow occassionally. Notice it (the smell) occassionally especially when coming home after a drive on the highway...Definately gonna change the rotors and brakes when I get the chance to.

·
Former '05er
12,467 Posts
I have never smelled the brakes on my car. Clutch for sure, but brakes, never.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.