Scion tC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one having issues with brake dust on your wheels? What's the best way to clean them? My buddy says, "Just don't use the brakes, they only slow you down". But there must be a better way to keep the brake dust off the rims....

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
i mean, really. brake dust is caused by..... anyone, anyone?

correct, using your brakes is the right answer.

so until you find a solution to braking, wash your car.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
push yourself away from the computer after 30 minutes.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Option #1 = Stop using your breaks

Option #2 = Purchase some brake pads from EBC <--this company uses a forumla that creates no brake dust.

Option #3 = Get those plastic discs that you attacth by taking the wheel off...sliding the disc on and putting the wheel back on. This acts as a barrier and keeps the wheels clean......................but looks not so good. Personally i would do option #2 if i was lazy like you are. -T

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
mysciontc - see, now, that kinda sh!t isnt going to float around here. tone down the insults. you would think you would have got the message after eric closed the last topic you posted that in. consider yourself politely asked.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by mysciontc@Oct 29 2004, 02:41 PM
ok, I will...but you watch your language mister
bad idea kid. "its just the internet" is the phrase im betting comes out of your mouth next.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
EBC's pads dust just as any other pads. At least "green stuff" coupled with slotted rotors..

As for brake dust - ever since I started driving a 5-speed, my front wheels became much cleaner. Engine braking makes a big difference.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
^^^ hmm. reading your previous posts in the other threads, i am starting to think you arent really here to do much but cause trouble or try to meet girls. you will have a difficult time doing either. this is not a forum for internet fights, nor is it a meat market.
you have made it under my microscope.

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 29 2004, 11:37 AM
EBC's pads dust just as any other pads. At least "green stuff" coupled with slotted rotors..

As for brake dust - ever since I started driving a 5-speed, my front wheels became much cleaner. Engine braking makes a big difference.
thats true, i hadnt thought about how much less brake dust is generated by using compression to slow my ass down.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Originally posted by zoltiz@Oct 29 2004, 03:37 PM

Zolitz, i fear i must disgree with you. EBC pads stop great, and from what i have seen/experienced they dust very minimally. No big deal, just difference of opinion. -t

·
Ironhead
13,253 Posts
damn, T, you always gotta be so different...

·
Registered
936 Posts
sigh, i know
I just try to post what i have seen in my many years as an auto-enthusiast. EBC's entire brand is based upon more stopping power with little to no dust. Oh well! I love this board. -t

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ooooh...I'm on double secret probation...

by the way...I'm not trying to cause trouble. The first guy to reply gave a smart ass answer about washing my car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts